Saturday, January 21, 2006

Week 15

5 comments:

Lux said...

Matt, call me bro, I need to book flights.

Anonymous said...

Here it is. The first post of the week. Matt come out of your cave. Also, first row on the club level for the tourney it should be a blast.

1. UConn(only because they look unbeatable right now)
2. Duke
3. Nova
4. Memphis
5. Texas
6. Gonzaga
7. West Virgina
8. Michigan State
9. Illinois
10. Pitt
11. Flordia
12. George Washington
13. Tennessee
14. NC State
15. UCLA
16. BC

M. Drury

Anonymous said...

this is my post for feb. 13-19:

1- UCONN (most dominant team in the country, no question)
2- Duke
3- Villanova (i take the big east number two over everyone else, any day of the week)
4- Gonzaga
5- Memphis
6- Texas
7- Tennessee (SEC champ is a 2 seed, its that simple)
8- West Virginia (went to Pitt, and Gtown, split, good enough for a three way tie in the country's deepest conference)
9- Florida
10- Ohio State (looks like they'll win the big ten, so a 3 seed makes sense)
11- George Washington (i think they're vulnerable, might be a first round exit, but if they run a table in the A10, thats a three seed)
12- Iowa
13- Boston College
14- Illinois (they'll pick it up again)
15- Pittsburgh (i think they're overrated, and soft, but everyone else is losing)
16- Washington (gets in solely because the Pac 10 deserves one team here, but thats it...gosh what an awful conference)

Others: Bucknell, Georgetown, UCLA, and Michigan State.

This tournament is going to be fun to watch. At least one MVC team will be in the Sweet 16, you can take that to the bank. No PAC 10 team might make it out of the first round, and save Duke and Gonzaga it could be an all BIG EAST final four.

I await more chatter.

Matt.

Anonymous said...

Matt,
I will post first then make a few points.

1. UConn (Please don't have them and Duke play for the national semi, the best two teams need to be in the final)
2. Duke
3. Nova (Very big game tonight)
4. Gonzaga
5. Memphis
6. Texas
7. Tennessee (Big jump, but the SEC is theirs)
8. West Virginia (tough lost at Pitt, but Pittsnogle was terrible)
9. George Washington
10. Flordia
11. Illinois
12. Ohio State
13. Pitt
14. BC
15. Michigan State
16. UCLA/NC State

Teams to be leary of: Bucknell, Georgetown, UNC, Oklahoma, and Cuse. Matt I think you are right the tournament should be one of the best to date. There are about 10 teams that could do well. I think that only about four teams have a chance to win the whole thing; Duke, UConn, Zags, and Texas. I think the Big East is the best conference followed by the the Big Ten. I hate to say it but the ACC is the third best conference this year, they don't have any teams that are really that great besides Duke. My surprise team of the year has to be Tennessee, Bruce Pearl must really know what he's doing because he could take another team deep in the tournament. I don't care who we see the ATL it should be three great games. I'll keep you posted on the events for that weekend.

Cordially,
M. Drury

Anonymous said...

WVU and Nova could win it all also Dru. WVU won't be messing around come tourney time and we all just saw what Nova is capable of.

~Lux