1- Texas 2- Kansas 3- Purdue 4- Michigan State 5- Kentucky 6- Syracuse 7- West Virginia 8- Duke 9- Villanova 10- North Carolina 11- Tennessee 12- Kansas State 13- Georgetown 14- William & Mary 15- Brigham Young 16- New Mexico
Two MWC teams on this poll? Thats how pasty this year has been so far. William and Mary has done some nice things to date as well. I'll take the last 3 teams over UCONN, Florida, USC, or any of the ACC teams that have 1-2 losses.
I am not going to discard Tennessee yet, but these allegations are no good for that program. That may make the SEC Kentucky's to lose.
With the football season ending maybe we'll get Stephen and Dur back. Otherwise its just me and the Chairman.
Alright well Matt has decided to play again this week so I might as well do a full 16:
1. Texas 2. Kansas 3. Mich St 4. Kentucky 5. Purdue 6. Syracuse 7. Duke 8. UNC 9. WVU 10. Kansas St 11. Villanova 12. Georgetown 13. Gonzaga 14. Wisconsin 15. Ole Miss 16. Pitt
Tenn is done and even though I'd probably rank USC I'm not including them.
Myself (apparently unlike Matthew Benjamin) would take Wisconsin or Gonzaga over any mid-major right now. I still have a very tough time ranking anyone that has recently lost to Oral Roberts or has been recently outrebounded by Radford. Also, BYU doesn't have a win against a tourney team.
Pretty funny situation for nonconference play: Wisky beats Duke, Duke beats Zaga and Zaga beat Wisky. I guess you can toss this up to simply Wisky being ridiculous at home but funny nonetheless.
Before the 16 a discussion question: is it wrong to root for Chandler Parsons? He's like if David Lee and Daniel Schneier had a kid, and his game has manifested in the form of a moptop white guy with game.
1-Kansas 2-Texas 3-Kentucky 4-Purdue 5-Syracuse 6-Duke 7-North Carolina 8-Michigan State 9-West Virginia 10-Villanova 11-Wisconsin 12-Kansas State 13-Connecticut 14-Florida State 15-Georgia Tech 16-Gonzaga
I'm courtside for GT/UGA as I post. Is that a first for the Fairview Forum? Go Jackets.
You should be looking forward to my poll every week. The bottom 4 will be a carousel of "wannabe's" all year since there are about 10 teams that matter this year. Everyone else is too inconsistent.
I am resurfacing after a deflating trip to south Florida....college football is over.
16: 1.Texas 2.Kansas 3.Purdue 4.Kentucky 5.Cuse 6.Duke 7.West VA 8.Mich St 9.Nova 10.UNC 11.K State 12. Miss 13. Zags 14. G Town 15. Wisky 16. Florida St
After doing some research I have to agree with you guys that there are about 10 teams that deserve to be ranking and then we can just fill the rest in with whomever is the flavor of the week. I am sure i will get plenty of crap for putting fla st in the mix but i figured why not support that acc. i will be at the duke ga tech on sat and hopefully the jackets fair better than they did on tuesday both on the field and the court.
I also think that the big east is down this year with only cuse, nova and wvu as team with a real shot at making it to the second weekend of the tournament. The big 10 and big 12 have two really tough teams but i am not sold on any of the other teams. Kentucky will run all over the sec this year but i think freshman mistakes will cost them late in the season.
7 comments:
1- Texas
2- Kansas
3- Purdue
4- Michigan State
5- Kentucky
6- Syracuse
7- West Virginia
8- Duke
9- Villanova
10- North Carolina
11- Tennessee
12- Kansas State
13- Georgetown
14- William & Mary
15- Brigham Young
16- New Mexico
Two MWC teams on this poll? Thats how pasty this year has been so far. William and Mary has done some nice things to date as well. I'll take the last 3 teams over UCONN, Florida, USC, or any of the ACC teams that have 1-2 losses.
I am not going to discard Tennessee yet, but these allegations are no good for that program. That may make the SEC Kentucky's to lose.
With the football season ending maybe we'll get Stephen and Dur back. Otherwise its just me and the Chairman.
Alright well Matt has decided to play again this week so I might as well do a full 16:
1. Texas
2. Kansas
3. Mich St
4. Kentucky
5. Purdue
6. Syracuse
7. Duke
8. UNC
9. WVU
10. Kansas St
11. Villanova
12. Georgetown
13. Gonzaga
14. Wisconsin
15. Ole Miss
16. Pitt
Tenn is done and even though I'd probably rank USC I'm not including them.
Myself (apparently unlike Matthew Benjamin) would take Wisconsin or Gonzaga over any mid-major right now. I still have a very tough time ranking anyone that has recently lost to Oral Roberts or has been recently outrebounded by Radford. Also, BYU doesn't have a win against a tourney team.
Pretty funny situation for nonconference play: Wisky beats Duke, Duke beats Zaga and Zaga beat Wisky. I guess you can toss this up to simply Wisky being ridiculous at home but funny nonetheless.
http://www.bloggingthebracket.com/
http://www.sbnation.com/2010/1/4/1233020/bracketology-january-4-2010-college-basketball
Two sites to add to your favorites.
Before the 16 a discussion question: is it wrong to root for Chandler Parsons? He's like if David Lee and Daniel Schneier had a kid, and his game has manifested in the form of a moptop white guy with game.
1-Kansas
2-Texas
3-Kentucky
4-Purdue
5-Syracuse
6-Duke
7-North Carolina
8-Michigan State
9-West Virginia
10-Villanova
11-Wisconsin
12-Kansas State
13-Connecticut
14-Florida State
15-Georgia Tech
16-Gonzaga
I'm courtside for GT/UGA as I post. Is that a first for the Fairview Forum? Go Jackets.
Matt, I'm looking forward to your revised poll next week because I can see BYU losing too.
You should be looking forward to my poll every week. The bottom 4 will be a carousel of "wannabe's" all year since there are about 10 teams that matter this year. Everyone else is too inconsistent.
I am resurfacing after a deflating trip to south Florida....college football is over.
16:
1.Texas
2.Kansas
3.Purdue
4.Kentucky
5.Cuse
6.Duke
7.West VA
8.Mich St
9.Nova
10.UNC
11.K State
12. Miss
13. Zags
14. G Town
15. Wisky
16. Florida St
After doing some research I have to agree with you guys that there are about 10 teams that deserve to be ranking and then we can just fill the rest in with whomever is the flavor of the week. I am sure i will get plenty of crap for putting fla st in the mix but i figured why not support that acc. i will be at the duke ga tech on sat and hopefully the jackets fair better than they did on tuesday both on the field and the court.
I also think that the big east is down this year with only cuse, nova and wvu as team with a real shot at making it to the second weekend of the tournament. The big 10 and big 12 have two really tough teams but i am not sold on any of the other teams. Kentucky will run all over the sec this year but i think freshman mistakes will cost them late in the season.
CACACACACAWWW
Post a Comment