I will be in attendance tonight for the Georgetown/Syracuse game, witnessing one of the best big men in the nation (Greg Monroe) and how he handles the pressure from Jimmy's 2-3 Zone. My money is on him not being able to handle AO and King Ricky, but we will see.
There's murmurs of a Old Dominion/Northeastern game this week too, and that would be for all the CAA marbles.
No one in the Pac10 should still be ranked.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
1- Kansas
2- Michigan St
3- Syracuse
4- Kentucky
5- Texas
6- Villanova
7- West Virginia
8- Duke
9- Gonzaga
10-Purdue
11-BYU
12-Pittsburgh
13-Kansas State
14-Tennessee
15-Georgetown
16-Ohio State
Temple slides out, but it could have easily been Tennessee or Ohio State. I'm not punishing Ohio State for choking in Morgantown though either. I think Evan Turner is one of the best in the nation, so they can stay.
Thats all i got for right now. Georgetown/Syracuse tonight.
Go Orange!
1-Kentucky
2-Kansas
3-Cuse
4-Texas
5-Mich St
6-Nova
7-Duke
8-WVU
9-Zags
10-Purdodododo
11-K-State
12-Whisky
13-BYU
14-G-Town
15-Pitt
16-Tenn/Ohio St
Once I get past 10 on the list it I am just picked teams. I would again rank GT, but again they fail to deliver back to back wins this year...the teams needs to come around and they may have a chance to win the ACC.
As for Greg Monroe be a premier big man in the country...that might be a stretch. Send him to the ACC and see what he can do, I would say by far the deepest front courts in the country are in the ACC. I think Cuse wins fairly handly tonight, the only catch would be in freemon catches fire like he did aganist UConn.
Check out this blog:
http://clubtrillion.blogspot.com/
Its a good read
1-Kentucky
2-Texas
3-Kansas
4-Syracuse
5-Villanova
6-Michigan State
7-West Virginia
8-Georgetown
9-Purdue
10-Duke
11-Georgia Tech
12-Kansas State
13-Gonzaga
14-Tennessee
15-Ole Miss
16-Vanderbilt
I'm making a statement with picks 14-16. What's that sound you hear in the background? That's the SEC stating their case as the second-best conference in the college hoops behind the Big East. Sorry ACC.
Both of you guys are wrong on BYU. Drop them in a major conference they're better than .500 but not by much. Bruce Pearl, Andy Kennedy, and Kevin Stallings all have squads that would run the Cougars.
Oh and Dru, Wisconsin? Really? I get it now, you like pasty. Singler, Shirer, Camp Randall, you love it all. The whiter the better.
Hartzell:
I agree with you on BYU to an extent, but do not see the reason in not putting them in my 16 they have only lost once all year.
As for the SEC being the second best conference in the country...dude you got to lay of the heavy sec talk on the radio. Both Vandy and Ole Miss have not played a decent team this year and won the game. Ole Miss did play Nova but lost and they are a guard heavy team in a guard heavy league. Vandy is well coached I will give you that, but they haven't played anyone in the sec or out of conference beside mizzou and they are an average team(also home game for vandy). I think the acc is the deepest conference in the country, def not the best but from top to bottom the deepest with only miami and bc being weak teams.
Matt nice win for the orange last night how good is this team?????
Big games this week on Wednesday and Thursday:
Highlights:
Wednesday
ND @ Nova
FSU @ Duke
Vandy@ Ten (for Sec East 2nd place)
Thurs:
Whisky @ Purdodod (paste game)
Wake @ GT
Good win for JMU last night against Radford a tourney team from last year. Why is the JMU basketball program so soft????
Top to bottom, I think the ACC is probably the best conference this year. Then the Big East and Big 12are tied for 2nd.
Lux-you are wrong on so many levels. Your wrongness is like an onion I dont even want to peel back the layers on. SEC is legit, boys. Would not shock me to see South Carolina pull off a stunner against Calipari's cats tonight.
If you told me right now the final 4 would be Texas Kansas Cuse and Kentucky I would sign up in a heartbeat.
Matt, true or false: you actually shit your pants a little bit when you were down 14-0 at the first tv timeout last night
Care to back that up at all Hartzell? The ACC combined is 162-61 vs 152-73 for the SEC. Now don't tell me the SEC has a harder non-conference because that's complete crap. The ACC also has a commanding lead on kenpom.com which I think matty can agree is very legit:
http://kenpom.com/conf.php?c=ACC
The only strong wins in the SEC is Tenn over Kansas at home and FL over Mich St. Oh wait, Ole Miss beat Kansas St, Miss St beat ODU, Fl beat Florida St and Bama beat Baylor. Not exactly a non-conference record to get excited about.
The ACC is likely to get 7 bids which is the same as the Big East with several less teams.
Kentucky doesn't even have a strong win anymore because UNC has decided they're all high schoolers and UConn has played like crap (even against Texas at home during the worst game of James's career). In other words, UConn is still bubble. Mainly because they have the worst coach in the Big East (actually probably tied with Boeheim). Anyone remember the WVU game two weeks ago? I think Boeheim goes out of his way to blow games at the end.
Umm back to work, bring it Hartzell.
I just don't know if I can allow you all to annoint the ACC as the best top to bottom conference. While there is no absolute horrific teams in the ACC, it lacks the top power of the Big East, Big 10, and Big 12. The best four teams in the ACC is Duke, Ga Tech, FSU?, and Clemson? (or Wake, Maryland). The best 4 in the Big East are Syracuse, Villanova, West Virginia and Georgetown. I'll take those four to beat the ACC's four.
Again, the Big East is tough because there is 16 teams. So comparing that to a 12 team league is difficult. While I would take the ACC's bottom 4 over the BE's bottom 4, the middle of the BE is better than the ACC, and I've already shown that the top is better.
We all know Kentucky is going to win the SEC, and after that who cares. The Tourney teams from this conference are: Kentucky, Vandy, Tennessee, Miss State, and Miss. No one else from the West is going to be in this discussion, and maybe Florida or South Carolina get in...but I give Florida the only shot there. Thats 6.
ACC Teams In:
Duke
GT
FSU
Clemson(i guess)
Maryland
Wake
you've got to think UNC will make it eventually.
Big East:
Syracuse, Villanova, Georgetown, Pitt, WVU, UCONN (that win gets them in for now), and then ND, Cincy, Hall, Louisville...at least 2 of them get in.
I am revising my comments from before, take DePaul and Rutgers out of the Big East, and you have no sure W on the board...basically no LSU.
As for the Syracuse game last night, I was deeply troubled by the horrific start. But they rallied, and outscored Georgetown 73-42 after the first TV timeout. I'm pretty happy about that finish, and thats all that matters.
Cocks 68 Cats 62 as predicted by an SEC insider on this blog, get some
I don't think by saying that it wouldn't "shock" you if SC won is the same thing as predicting it.
Too bad thats not enough to get you credit on this site, nor will it be enough to get SC in the Dance.
Good call MR. SEC insider...that still does not make it a better league than the ACC, BE, and Big 12. It now proves that Kentucky is just another young athletic team that coach cal has on his hands. I am sure we all know how that will turn out a final four appearance and then a big poop in the pants. That game was a very low scoring NBA game with two kentucky players (wall/cousins) going head to head with the hidden treasure of the sec downey. What are the predictions for vandy in two tough games this week can they win a road game..i think not.
Big games tonight
FSU@Duke caw caw should be a boring game to watch lots to defenese a little scoring
Vandy@Tenn a showdown for some SEC east pride
ND@Nova can the irish prove they belong on the top half of the BE.
Lux/Matt how is your team pickup working out thus far...just curious?
Below is our roster. We have an average score out of the 70 teams right now.
WKU is killing us because they were pretty expensive. Arkansas is a drag but their unwinable games are over already. SEC West title actually isn't impossible if they finally get their act together with the best shooter in the NCAA. The Texas losses hurt and Radford isn't dominating as expected but they did beat Coastal Carolina on the road which was huge for them to take the conference title (5 big points for us).
Virginia 15
Seton Hall 15
Michigan State 24
Texas 20
Oregon 12
Arkansas 9
Oakland 22
Detroit 16
Western Kentucky 15
Radford 14
162
Here's the league leader below. He spread out his points in the majors instead of going two powerhouses like we did (Mich St and Texas). I dont think Kansas only will work out for him because elite 8 wins and higher are like 10 points on average but he made some great picks. #1 seeds also get 8 big points. Kansas winning the conf tourney is also very hard. The problem for him too is that ODU could easily lose the CAA and the conf tourney (10 big points). Lou Tech was a great pick but they probably won't win the WAC even though it looks like it now.
Wake Forest 18
Georgetown 21
Northwestern 17
Kansas 22
Washington State 17
LSU 9
Siena 27
Louisiana Tech 24
Old Dominion 24
Lehigh 17
196
Our Detroit pick is insane. They only cost $5 and kenpom thinks they will finish with probably 30 points. That's a 6 to 1 return on $5. 6 to 1 was the highest any team got last year.
Post a Comment