Monday, December 07, 2009

Week 4

Too early for flapjacks?

7 comments:

Lux said...

1. Texas
2. Kansas
3. Mich St
4. WVU
5. Purdue
6. Kentucky
7. Syracuse
8. UNC
9. Villanova
10. Duke
11. Washington
12. UConn
13. Tenn
14. Florida
15. Gonzaga
16. Georgetown

Matt. said...

Your Winter Wonderland:

1- Hook Em
2- Kansas
3- Syracuse
4- Sparty
5- WVU
6- Villa-No-Fun
7- Kentucky
8- Tennessee
9- UNC
10- Purdy
11- Wojo's Hands
12- UCONN
13- Florida
14- Georgetown
15- Zaga
16- UNLV

There will be no place in this poll for sub par basketball (as shown by the Pac 10 so far) for the next few weeks. Once conference play begins Number 14 will simply say: Pac10 Leader of the Day. Only because someone has to win that league.

huge week ahead starting tomorrow night with the Jimmy V. Does anyone know why Butler/Gtown is playing second fiddle to IU/Pitt? Seems foolish to me.

S. Hartzell said...

Yes it's Thursday, but I've been under the weather with an undisclosed illness. My status remains day-to-day. Couple of thoughts before the poll:

-Kentucky is the goods. John Wall is as advertised and this squad looks like an NBA team when they are on the court. Great game against UConn Wednesday night, who deserve to stay in the power 16 for a good loss. The Huskies led that game with less than a minute to play.

-I have tickets for anyone who wants to come to Athens in March when Calipari's Cats roll into town.

-The Butler and Gonzaga windows, so to speak, if they were ever open, are now closed. Those teams (and I've seen both play this year) simply aren't good enough to make runs in the tournament.

-The Pac10 is down and the Big10 & SEC are way up.

-There's a 7foot Chinaman who plays for Mike Montgomery at Cal. It's not the preferred nomenclature, but still.

-Dru is officially AWOL.

Onto the power 16:
1-Kansas
2-Texas
3-Kentucky
4-Villanova
5-Purdue
6-West Virginia
7-Michigan State
8-Syracuse
9-Duke
10-Florida
11-North Carolina
12-Tennessee
13-Connecticut
14-Ohio State
15-Georgetown
16-Georgia Tech

S. Hartzell said...

Matt-

It's too early in the season for you to leave whack-ass nicknames for each school in your poll. Almost sounds like you're disprespecting them.

Plus, for some of us its still the end of college football (because our local teams i.e. Syracuse don't suck) so when I see a WoJo reference in early December naturally I'm a little burnt out.

What the hell's the matter with you? You used to be a genius.

M. Drury said...

OK so I am alive but barely after a flashback weekend in C-ville. We had a DS spotting he is officially a hipster.

Mid Week 16:

1. Kansas
2. Texas
3. Kentucky
4. Nova
5. Mich St
6. Cuse
7. Purdue
8. Duke
9. UNC
10. WVU
11. Tenn
12. Wash
13. Zags
14. UConn
15. Georgetown
16. Gators

This is before all game were played this week.

I will be awol for a week heading on my yearly trip out west to ski. Matt you should know something about hitting the ski slopes from your previous life.

Also, I have to agree with Hartzell John Wall is as good as advertised, count me in for a ticket for the UK game. I may be able to get ACC tournament tickets this year if you guys are interested please let me know when the time comes.

Matt. said...

Hartzell,

you probably are burnt out, but that has nothing to do with me.

Matt. said...

"I haven't seen everybody play, but I would be hard pressed to say that there's three or four teams better than them. I think they have everything. They've got a low post presence. They rebound. They shoot the 3. They're an unselfish team. They can turn you over. They can beat you in a lot of different ways."

-Billy Donovan 12/10/09