So I figured I would rank some teams this week, and there are really only 9 that need to be ranked:
1- Kansas 2- Michigan 3- Indiana 4- Florida 5- Duke 6- Syracuse 7- Gonzaga 8- Arizona 9- Michigan State
I would bargain a guess that each of our Top 9's would look somewhat like this give or take maybe one team or so. But the next grouping, one which contains (in no specific order):
Butler Miami (FL) Pittsburgh Ohio State Minnesota Wichita State New Mexico San Diego State Oregon Ole Miss
Those teams would ultimately be vying for the last 7 spots, maybe Creighton is on the list, but it appears to me that mid majors that have just the one star are never consistent and can't be trusted in the Tournament (unless you are Davidson). Out of those teams mentioned above I would really be concerned with Butler, because they are so good at harassing their opponents that they can never be discounted from games.
Do any of you think that one of the second group teams could win the whole thing; knowing that they would have to beat (in all likelihood) 2 of the Top 9?
Here's my great eight; teams that, if the bracket works out for them, will make the Elite 8. In case you guys haven't noticed, there are no really great teams in college basketball this year, but these eight teams are fully capable of cutting down the nets in ATLANTA.
In no particular order:
Florida Duke Louisville Kansas Gonzaga Michigan Creighton Indiana
I'll be curious to see how this stacks up against your bullshit polls.
I would agree with the both of you that there isn't a great team in college hoops this year, but seems to only be about 8-10 that have a chance to win it all.
Duke Kansas Florida Michigan Cuse Indiana Michigan St Louisville
Just out of that group: Zags Ohio St Nc State (if they decide to play) Butler Miami (FL)...saw them in person a few weeks ago...pretty good team
I have enjoyed the ups and downs of the college season....should make for a very entertaining tournament.
Matthew...did you just leave Louisville off the list because your have a total hatred for them or do you really think that this team isn't elite 8 worthy?
Yeah I'll take a 17-3 Michigan State team over Creighton any day. As for Louisville, Peyton Siva has proven time and time again he is a ticking time bomb and is horrible. Louisville lost 3 in a row, so they take a knock for right now.
The only real difference is Creighton, Syracuse, Louisville, and Michigan State and I would much rather be on the side with Sparty and the Orange than the Father son pair that can't beat Drake (no not the coffee cake).
Creighton has one win against a tourney team (Wisconsin, far from a lock) whereas Michigan State has 3-4 and Syracuse has at least 5.
These are the only teams I see as locks for the Elite 8.
Gonzaga Florida Indiana Michigan Miami Kansas
Sorry to Boeheim, Pitino and K but considering the way your teams have been playing, you'd need 1 seeds to be a lock. The "experts" still have Duke as a 1 seed but how can you ultimately not give it to Miami since they're easily going to win the ACC? They probably have a 15% chance of going undefeated their schedule is so easy from here.
I agree with Matt on Creighton, I don't see them in the Sweet 16 either. They just don't play strong enough defense and are probably looking at a 7 seed.
10 comments:
So I figured I would rank some teams this week, and there are really only 9 that need to be ranked:
1- Kansas
2- Michigan
3- Indiana
4- Florida
5- Duke
6- Syracuse
7- Gonzaga
8- Arizona
9- Michigan State
I would bargain a guess that each of our Top 9's would look somewhat like this give or take maybe one team or so. But the next grouping, one which contains (in no specific order):
Butler
Miami (FL)
Pittsburgh
Ohio State
Minnesota
Wichita State
New Mexico
San Diego State
Oregon
Ole Miss
Those teams would ultimately be vying for the last 7 spots, maybe Creighton is on the list, but it appears to me that mid majors that have just the one star are never consistent and can't be trusted in the Tournament (unless you are Davidson). Out of those teams mentioned above I would really be concerned with Butler, because they are so good at harassing their opponents that they can never be discounted from games.
Do any of you think that one of the second group teams could win the whole thing; knowing that they would have to beat (in all likelihood) 2 of the Top 9?
I meant 4 of the Top 9.
Here's my great eight; teams that, if the bracket works out for them, will make the Elite 8. In case you guys haven't noticed, there are no really great teams in college basketball this year, but these eight teams are fully capable of cutting down the nets in ATLANTA.
In no particular order:
Florida
Duke
Louisville
Kansas
Gonzaga
Michigan
Creighton
Indiana
I'll be curious to see how this stacks up against your bullshit polls.
Thanks for finally putting a post up.
I would agree with the both of you that there isn't a great team in college hoops this year, but seems to only be about 8-10 that have a chance to win it all.
Duke
Kansas
Florida
Michigan
Cuse
Indiana
Michigan St
Louisville
Just out of that group:
Zags
Ohio St
Nc State (if they decide to play)
Butler
Miami (FL)...saw them in person a few weeks ago...pretty good team
I have enjoyed the ups and downs of the college season....should make for a very entertaining tournament.
Matthew...did you just leave Louisville off the list because your have a total hatred for them or do you really think that this team isn't elite 8 worthy?
By the way, I noticed Lux has gone dark, any word from the Chairman of the Boards?
In the meantime, check out my man's website: www.nropp.com this guy can wax on some college basketball, very much worth a look.
Dueces
Also I think you're both too high on Michigan State that team is not special and statistically speaking they're busted.
Izzo's team always play well in tournament time. Very few teams can grind games out and somehow win about 75% of those games.
I agree they aren't special, but neither is anyone else.
Yeah I'll take a 17-3 Michigan State team over Creighton any day. As for Louisville, Peyton Siva has proven time and time again he is a ticking time bomb and is horrible. Louisville lost 3 in a row, so they take a knock for right now.
The only real difference is Creighton, Syracuse, Louisville, and Michigan State and I would much rather be on the side with Sparty and the Orange than the Father son pair that can't beat Drake (no not the coffee cake).
Creighton has one win against a tourney team (Wisconsin, far from a lock) whereas Michigan State has 3-4 and Syracuse has at least 5.
These are the only teams I see as locks for the Elite 8.
Gonzaga
Florida
Indiana
Michigan
Miami
Kansas
Sorry to Boeheim, Pitino and K but considering the way your teams have been playing, you'd need 1 seeds to be a lock. The "experts" still have Duke as a 1 seed but how can you ultimately not give it to Miami since they're easily going to win the ACC? They probably have a 15% chance of going undefeated their schedule is so easy from here.
I agree with Matt on Creighton, I don't see them in the Sweet 16 either. They just don't play strong enough defense and are probably looking at a 7 seed.
Keep an eye on Colorado St everyone.
Kansas had a 3% chance of losing that game last night. By 20 was probably something like 0.001%.
Post a Comment