I thought that it was remarkable that Indiana came back from that deficit in the last couple of minutes of regulation, and thought for sure they would beat Butler in overtime, yet that was not the case. Is there a team that you would not want to see on the schedule more than Butler every time? So tough.
I will be in attendance for the Detroit-Syracuse game tonight to hopefully catch a glimpse of history.
9-0-0!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
1- Duke
2- Syracuse
3- Louisville
4- Indiana
5- Michigan
6- Arizona
7- Florida
8- Gonzaga
9- Ohio State
10- Kansas
11- New Mexico
12- Minnesota
13- Nevada Las Vegas
14- Illinois
15- Michigan State
16- Butler
I have Butler and Cincinnati tied, but since one beat my number two team in America I will give the nod to them.
1- Duke
2- Syracuse
3- Michigan
4- Florida
5- Louisville
6- Indiana
7- Arizona
8- Ohio State
9- Cincinnati
10- Illinois
11- Missouri
12- Minnesota
13- Butler
14- Gonzaga
15- New Mexico
16- Georgetown
Can't wait to wrap my arms around Luxeybaby next week in SC
Go ahead and bring on the hate for Florida being ranked ahead of an Arizona team they lost to. Ken Pom agrees with me, plus I watched the game and there's no way I'm signing off on the 'Cats being considered a better basketball team than my Gators. So go ahead, I'm ready for it.
Florida lost at the buzzer on the road, it happens. I'm not sold on Zona and whenever I get around to posting a 16 that will be reflected.
Can the media agree to stop talking about Virginia Tech now?
Surprised all of you are so quick to throw Butler into your top 16 when they won't even with their conference. VCU baby.
Matt, why aren't you ranking Pitt? I know their schedule has been weak but they have been destroying people. I also think there is a good chance they win the Big East. I know Syracuse beat San Diego St and all but I'm not sold on them yet.
Syracuse has played better opponents than Pittsburgh's and destroyed them in a much more efficient way. Don't bring up Detroit either, they were never leading against the Orange whereas they led at the half against Pitt.
Luxey, Butler boasts wins against Indiana, Northwestern, Marquette, and UNC so their inclusion is worthy I believe, as does Mr. Hartzell.
Speaking of Stephen, I have a bigger problem with Mizzou's inclusion at all rather than Florida being ahead of Indiana (who they are not better than). I'm not sure Indiana's loss is necessarily worse than Florida's so I am perplexed as to why they warrant a lower ranking.
But back to Mizzou, what gives? That 23 point loss to Louisville does nothing for you? Not sure that wins against VCU, Stanford and South Carolina State make up for that. We will see though.
Dru is hanging out in Colorado this week on a ski trip and not even visiting a dispensary. It's like I hardly know this guy anymore. Wouldn't expect a post from him.
Not really sure what keeps Lux from posting either, since he's obviously got the time to chip in and criticize others selections. What gives, Chairman? Mergers and acquisitions preventing you from showing up with a Christmas gift for your boys on the blog?
Northwestern, Marquette and UNC? Yawn. Losses to Xavier(didn't Lyons transfer?) and Illinois (overrated imo) wipe those out. Butler's defense needs help if you look at the stats and they're living by the 3 ball. If Rotnei has a hot night (granted that happens a lot) they win. Otherwise they lose to teams like Xavier. I don't see them making the Sweet 16.
Speaking of Lyons, how was he able to transfer without sitting out a year? Apparently you need to throw some punches to get that kind of treatment or pretend to take graduate classes. I think he should be able to transfer (all these rules are ridiculous) but they aren't being enforced fairly. Coaches can switch teams whenever they want, why can't the kids?
Hartzell, for whatever reason I have no interest in building a 16 this week. Can we shake this up a bit? I feel like an AP voter and that is a lonely place to be.
Can we shake this up a bit? What are you suggesting, Lux?
The world does not stop and start at your convenience...
I work for a company that happens to own the media rights to roughly half of my power sixteen so I have to tread softly based on what you're proposing.
Speaking of proposing, are you interested in playing golf down in SC on the 26th? Ian can get us on at his club where he works which, quite simply, is incredible, so let me know.
I'm flying out on the 25th now but raincheck on that course, heard amazing things.
Maybe next week we all pick who we think will make the eljavascript:void(0)ite 8? This will be more forward thinking as opposed to looking at non-conference win and loss columns only.
No 16 from me this week. Been in Big Sky MT shredding. Lucky to get the interwebs. Keep it real boyz ill check back next week.
Post a Comment