Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Fresh off the Marathon....

Aaaaand we're back! Hours removed from ESPN's twenty four hours of continuous basketball coverage it is time to begin anew at Power 16. This season should bring plenty of intrigue, and I think we are all looking more forward to hearing about Drury's wedding plans than his actual posts. Anyways, just in time for Feast Week here is Week 1.

13 comments:

S. Hartzell said...

Once again I'll be the leader of this group of misfits. Read em and weep:

1-Indiana
2-Louisville
3-NC State
4-Duke
5-Florida
6-Syracuse
7-Kentucky
8-Michigan
9-Ohio State
10-UCLA
11-North Carolina
12-Arizona
13-Creighton
14-Kansas
15-Gonzaga
16-Notre Dame

let the games begin!

S. Hartzell said...

Gators hang 42 on that vaunted Bo Ryan defense of Wisconsin in the game's first 20 minutes, in case you distinguished gentlemen missed it.

If you're not a Gator, you're Gatorbait. You can quote me there.

S. Hartzell said...

43, excuse me. I get fat fingers when Billy Donovan and his boys excite me.

And don't act too cool for school, Matteus, I know who you picked from the SEC to win the pool for you and Lux.

Gators.

Lux said...

Hartzell, we are very disappointed to see that you didn't partake in the season long pool again. Something to hide? Scared?

NC State over Duke is ridiculous. It isn't even worth trying to convince you otherwise. Penn St will cover tonight.

Big game for the Dukes tonight!

Baylor-12.5
JMU+16
PSU+12
Nova+2
Bama-2

M. Drury said...

Lux...Hartzell and I are in together on the pool. Guess Dan just didn't add the proper name (Vader) to our pool and just put it under my name.

No way NC State should be ranking in the top five. Working on a 16 hoping to have it up today.

No real clear cut teams at the top this year, should be a fun first few weeks.

caw caw

Lux said...

Looking now. Wow you guys have a pasty lineup.

I like the GMU pick.

I think GT was a mistake.

I don't think UNLV plays enough conference games to warrant 11 bucks but their defense might take them far in March. We'll see.

Did you guys get a copy of the b program I sent to Matt?

Lux said...

1. Indiana
2. Duke
3. Florida
4. Kentucky
5. Louisville
6. Gonzaga
7. Baylor
8. NC State
9. Ohio St
10. Kansas
11. Michigan St
12. Syracuse
13. Michigan
14. Pitt
15. UNC
16. Texas

I don't think UCLA is Sweet 16 without Shabazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Did you guys hear about some lawyer overhearing a NCAA's laywers boyfriend on a plane? Wild.

M. Drury said...

1. Indiana
2. L-ville
3. Ohio St
4. Florida
5. Duke
6. Kentucky
7. Cuse
8. Kansas
9. Michigan St
10. NC State
11. UNC
12. Michigan
13. Zags
14. Creighton
15. Zona
16. Mizzou

Childs play. Lux VT is a much softer pick in the ACC than GT (insider info) I will agree that UNLV was a bit of a stretch since they won't have as many conference game, but was banking on the to do well in the tournament.

Lux said...

Let's compare how Clemson and GT performed against Presby at home:

77 to 44 and 52 to 38.

That doesn't bode well for GT in my opinion.

My picks were crushed last night. 2-3 is not a good way to start the season.

Lux said...

Looks like I jinxed Baylor. Maybe their blowout against Lehigh isn't as impressive as I thought.

Big bracketbuster game for Mason in progress.

S. Hartzell said...

Wow Lux, your argument that centers around ACC teams playing a similar opponent in middle November is so flawed and misconstrued it really shows how far you've fallen from the precipice of college basketball knowledge.

I'll always respect you for being the Chairman and a former winner of the Zane Showker Award but good heavens, the foundation for your argument is paper thin.

By the way, love how high you and Matt both are on my Gators. Finally coming to your senses both collectively and individually.

"I've missed the hell out of you my darlings"

Lux said...

It isn't a similar opponent, it is the same opponent. Why is it paper thin or is it paper thin simply because you say so? I was excited with that long post to see some real meaty discussion but you said a lot without saying anything.

Shabazzzzzzzz

Lux said...

Lobos down 5 with 26 seconds to play. Buzzer beater 3 to win. With that said, I think GMU will win the CAA.