Monday, February 27, 2012

Last Week of the Regular Season

With postseason basketball just one week away, we enter the best part of the year. This week we celebrate the accomplishments of senior and starting with this weekend we will get some idea of who will be in the field of 68. New Mexico is the latest to suffer the curse of the West Fairview Bloggers, and Ohio State is really showing their softer side. And of course, Florida stepped up for their big week this week by losing to Georgia. Probably single handedly saved Mark Fox's job, so Hartzell way to go.

13 comments:

Matt. said...

1- Kentucky
2- Syracuse
3- Kansas
4- Duke
5- Michigan State
6- North Carolina
7- Ohio State
8- Missouri
9- Wichita State
10- UNLV
11- Baylor
12- Marquette
13- New Mexico
14- Georgetown
15- Gonzaga
16- Murray State

M. Drury said...

1-Kentucky
2-Cuse
3-Mich St
4-UNC
5-Kansas
6-Duke
7-Mizzo
8-Ohio St
9-Marquette
10-Wisconsin
11-Georgetown
12-Baylor
13-Witchita St
14-NorteDame
15-Indiana
16-Murray St

S. Hartzell said...

1-Kentucky
2-Syracuse
3-Kansas
4-North Carolina
5-Michigan State
6-Missouri
7-Duke
8-Ohio State
9-Marquette
10-Wichita State
11-Murray State
12-Baylor
13-Georgetown
14-Louisville
15-Nevada Las Vegas
16-Drexel

Matt. said...

Not really a whole lot to debate this week. Our resident B1G expert is apparently away, and he has been replaced with Dur, who inserted Wisconsin in the Top 10. While this is a huge mistake I feel spent on the topic.

Mr. Hartzell and I had an interesting discussion on Indiana and Vanderbilt last night and I think this could be an interesting debate here. Hartzell is correct in believing that Vandy is like Indiana, but I think the B1G is better than the SEC. While the tourney will ultimately depend on matchups, the two could end up in being 4/5 seeds who play each other. So on a neutral site, who ya got?

M. Drury said...

VAndy all day everyday

M. Drury said...

I have whisky in the top 10 since they won at ohio st a team in which our absent B1G expert has winning the natty.

Just saying not the easier place to win.

This coming from a guy that still has UNLV ranked at 10. Get a haircut.

Matt. said...

I have nothing to stand on now that UNLV blew it at Colorado State.

Stephen continues to defend Louisville even though they just lost to South Florida on Senior Night. If only Peyton Siva had been a senior.

Matt. said...

...Dru and your number 10 team got swept by Iowa, you can try to defend that all you'd like but you can't.

M. Drury said...

Good point Matt....my team did get swept by Iowa. Any my number 9 got blown out by cincy last night.

if only you could combine yancy gates and peyton siva you could have the most hated player in college bball ever.

S. Hartzell said...

JMU/UNC-W at noon today. Dukes laying the 3. MADNESS MADNESS MADNESS MADNESS MADNESS MADNESS MADNESS MADNESS MADNESS MADNESS BOURBON MADNESS MADNESS MADNESS

S. Hartzell said...

Let the record show UNC is favored tonight at Duke for all of those still living under the impression that Duke>NC.

And yes I'm with the wise guys tonight

Lux said...

Hartzell, Indiana just finished the season 11-7. I believe you said they had no chance of breaking 500... Now that you watched the CAA final last night, do you still think Drexel is better than IU?

Lux said...

Matt, UNLV as your 10? I always assumed you'd need to win at least 10 games in the Mountain West to get that kind of distinction.

@ vandy vs IU. You guys are insane.

Hartzell, I'm glad to see that you stopped ranking Florida but they are better than UNLV and 3 other teams on your list.