
So if you didn't see the end of the Cincinnati-Xavier game then you should probably turn on ESPN. "Road Test Saturday" proved to be quite difficult for some of the nation's best teams, but the season moves on. Now we have to endure a boring week of Finals before the Holiday break, then conference season begins!!! Let the posting begin.
15 comments:
1. UK
2. Ohio St
3. Cuse
4. UNC
5. Wisconsin
6. Lville
7. Marquette
8. Florida
9. Kansas
10. Indiana
11. Duke
12. Georgetown
13. Mizzou
14. Baylor
15. Purdue
16. Michigan St
I'm sorry but UK is still the best team in the country and Oh St didn't have their dominant best player.
I took X off my list because Holloway isn't mature enough to get them far in the tournament. Why on earth did someone let him do a post game conference anyway? Unreal.
1- Syracuse
2- Ohio State
3- Kentucky
4- North Carolina
5- Gangsters
6- Duke
7- Missouri
8- Florida
9- Baylor
10- Georgetown
11- Marquette
12- Wisconsin
13- Louisville
14- Indiana
15- Kansas
16- Mississippi State
Not a whole lot of changes due to this being the soft part of the year. Zero games of interest for an entire week, so unless something happens this will stand for a week or two. I am not punishing Ohio State either for the loss, they remain Number 2. I think there is very little separation between the top 3.
The Cincinnati-Xavier melee was a mess. But overall Saturday was a great day of hoops, capped off with the Hoosier-like performance by Indiana.
Syracuse will be ranked number 1 in the national polls most likely which inevitably means they will suffer a letdown at NC State this Saturday.
Miss St? They are the most overrated team in college basketball.
I watched most of the Xavier game. I don't understand why you guys think they are capable of ever beating a team like Kentucky.
1-Ohio St
2-Kentucky
3-Cuse
4-UNC
5-Duke
6-Lville
7-Marquette
8-Wisconsin
9-Kansas
10-Gators
11-Mizzou
12-Baylor
13-UConn
14-XXXXXX
15-Georgetown
16-Indiana
Not a lot for me to change this week either. I did leave the X in but I am going to side with Lux in the fact that they don't have the mental fortitude to do well in the tournament.
That was an embarrassment to college basketball.
I will take the UConn bashing again this week but they totally dominated Harvard which I know some of us have had in on 16 thus far.
Ohio St would have won the game at Kansas by 10 in Sullinger had played.
Hey guys, I'm currently waiting to board a flight back to NC, sitting in a shithole airport known as Laguardia. I will post my 16 when I can.
On an unrelated note, I had dinner in Brooklyn Sunday night with a member of the Fairview fraternity, and I can say with confidence that our boy Dan is doing very well. He sends his best.
I realize that the Buckeyes played without Sullinger, but they still played 4 McDonald's All-Americans and maybe the best point guard in the country in Aaron Craft. No one wants to give the Jayhawks credit for defending their home court, which many expect them to do. But even without Sullinger, OSU was still a 4 point favorite at Phog Allen Fieldhouse. Keep sleeping on KU, they are a better than you all think.
In regards to the melee Saturday between Xavier and Cincy, I'm in partial agreement with Lux. Tu said some really dumb shit at that post game presser, but that guy is a warrior and I'm not going to let some inner-city sematics get in the way of a top 10 basketball team. Look at the schedule, these guys are tested and I like the concept of an unafraid team who plays hard for each other come March.
In that sense, Xavier might be the anti-Kansas when it comes to no fear in the tourney. While the fight certainly was a stain on the weekend, let's not overlook the fact that the Musketeers were dominating their crosstown rival, up by 20 when the shit hit the fan.
Dru, have you noticed how awful the ACC is outside of the obvious Tarheels and Dukies? And Seth Greenberg probably still won't make the tournament. Big 10 might be the best conference in America through the season's first month, excited to see it play out in a week when the real games begin.
Way to put your beloved Orange up to 1 Matt. I actually don't disagree with you. Great defense and depth this year in upstate NY.
Exam week and a trip to the City=Wednesday post. Don't hate.
1. Kentucky
2. Ohio State
3. Syracuse
4. Florida
5. North Carolina
6. Kansas
7. Xavier
8. Duke
9. Missouri
10. Wisconsin
11. Louisville
12. Baylor
13. Georgetown
14. Connecticut
15. Indiana
16. Nevada-Las Vegas
I think UNLV at 16 is misguided but ok. Not bad lists this week boys. Care to defend Miss St matty? They failed to cover against FAU.
Miss St is a joke. Not the SEC West team to have represented in your poll but whatever. We all know Matt doesn't watch hoops games that take place out of the state of NY, much less out of the EST time zone. Love Rick Stansbury, hate the pick. UNLV are a covering machine BTW, including tonight against lowly UTEP. Lay the 17, don't be scared.
For the record that brawl is going to hurt Cincinnati in a big way. Wright state ML tonight. Don't even need the points, watch.
How did that brawl effect Cincy? Didn't seem to me that it did at all, but then again it was Wright State.
I shouldn't have to defend the Mississippi State pick as they have beat both Texas A and M and Zona on neutrals as well as taking care of WVU. While none of those are glorious picks the team has yet to implode which is impressive for A- Mississippi State, B- A Rick Stansbury club, or C- This time of the season, see A.
Just as some of us have Michigan State and Purdue, one has UConn (which I personally have no issue with but Miss State argument should follow UConn argument...) and UNLV is still included, which after their follow ups to the UNC game have been lackluster on their part, is a nice story but come on two weeks too late.
Am I wrong?
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2011/12/top-10-basket-brawls-in-college-basketball-history/
You guys have to watch the #1 fight according to this website. The Xavier one is at #2.
Also to add to Matt point about Miss St please check out clip number 7.....if they can make it past the holidays looks like they might actually be a "team"
That is a great list of fights and I think I've seen Dru do something like that on the basketball court before.
Matt....do you know it there are any clips of our epic battle at either fairview or on the hard courts of popular grove....i am positive that some errant elbows were thrown your way
Monster card on tap for this Saturday. Looking forward to seeing some of these teams we tout week-in and week-out.
Post a Comment