Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happy Holidays!

Finals week is here, which means a slow week of games. Perhaps we could use that week to get this thing jump started for the year. We appear to be a man down, I guess it is still football season in Athens. Not sure how the weather is where you all are, but we are getting pounded by the white stuff in Syracuse, NY. And I don't mean the stuff you get in a milk jug.

4 comments:

Matt. said...

Holiday Edition:
1-Duke
2-Kansas
3-Syracuse
4-Ohio State
5-UCONN
6-Michigan St
7-Pittsburgh
8-Villanova
9-Illinois
10-Tennessee
11-Brigham Young
12-UNLV
13-Georgetown
14-Missouri
15-San Diego State
16-Purdue

Some notes...

SD State is pretty darn good. Lot of road games and against some decent competition. Purdue gets a nod for playing sound basketball with Hummel gone again. I'm not faulting Michigan State for playing a crazy schedule. I still like them to win the Big 10. UConn looks good early, but they'll fall back a little when Big East play begins.

Conference play is right around the corner...

M. Drury said...

Happy Hanakkah

1-Duke
2-Ohio St
3-Cuse
4-Kansas
5-Mich St
6-Pitt
7-K-State
8-Tennessee
9-Nova
10-UConn
11-Illinois
12-San Diego St
13-G-Town
14-Baylor
15-Kentucky
16-BYU

I haven't been able to watch that many games, but those that I have watched have been quite entertaining. Duke is hands down the best team in the country even without Irving. I will be interested to see how some teams do once conference play starts. I agree with you Matt I think UConn will come back to earth once BE games start. The ACC sucks this year its going to be Duke and UNC all other teams don't even deserve to make the tourney.

Matt. said...

Dur,

I'm not even sure you can say UNC will be a player. All the teams that were supposed to be behind Duke (UNC, VT, NC State) are terrible. Even an expanded tourney might not get 4 teams from the ACC in. They're not quite as bad as the SEC was a couple years back or even the Pac 10 last year, but holy moly the ACC is pasty.

M. Drury said...

I totally agree with you. I will find it hard to watch most acc games as they are going to be between two paste patrol teams. In general it seems that most leagues are down this year, with the exception of the Big East. I still think the SEC is weak; the whole Florida as a dark horse for the National Champ (joke). The PAC 10 is pretty weak this year, they really only have the state of Washington and the same can be said for the Big 12 with either the state of Kansas and Mizzou. We all know that Hook'em will have a meltdown about halfway through the year and I don't know about Baylor (haven't played anyone). I think things will start to shape up once conference play begins. Right now there seems to be a few team that may be able to contend with Duke, but I think they are hands down the best team in the country. Last time we had a team like this was Florida's second year winning it all when they had 4 NBA players on their team or the UNC team a few years back.


Good Day