Sunday, March 14, 2010

Selection Sunday

It is here my darlings

17 comments:

Matt. said...

Does anyone actually have a problem with any of the teams left out? I feel like they are all weak.

Also, I really do not wish for the tournament to expand beyond maybe 4 more teams. I think this Tuesday would be much better if Miss State, VT, Seton Hall, Ole Miss had to play UTEP, Utah State, Florida, and UNLV or something rather than this dumb play in game.

God loves Duke. And so does the NCAA committee.

Lux said...

I haven't heard anyone talk about Seton Hall as a "left out" team which is a load of horse shit if you bring up Illinois instead.

Anyone else love this Vermont rematch for Cuse?

Should I be ballsy and go with Xavier in the final four? Vegasinsider brought them up and its a good play against Big Matt.

Matt. said...

I like two teams in the bottom half of the West bracket and they are Xavier and BYU. I think BYU got hosed in its seeding, but K-State is terrible and that will be on display when the two presumably meet. The X/Pitt game will be great, and BYU could play a virtual home game against the winner in Salt Lake with the right to play the Syracuse/Gonzaga winner.

The committee did a number on the 4/13 5/12 pods this year. While I don't necessarily think any team that was left out could get past the first weekend, I could have seen any of them above Florida, but think VT shouldn't have gotten in at all).

I'm pretty sure half of my Power 16 is in the West bracket which is cruel. Kansas is the most certain Final Four team of all regions because they are freaking Kansas, and the Georgetown/Ohio State winner won't do enough to interrupt Kansas' trip to Indy.

Both Syracuse and Kentucky got awful 8/9 pairings, and Duke got a pass for some reason, will someone please tell me? Okay, Duke is not that great, and neither are any of the team's in their pairing. They got Purdue, who has to come out of the 2nd best 4/13 5/12 pod ever, and Villanova. Don't bring up Baylor, that's not going to happen.

I agree with Bilas, this is a weak field and that is just going to make for a crazy three weeks.

Lux said...

Vegas only has 12 games with double digit lines. Thurs to Sunday should be ridiculous.

Lux said...

https://jobs-depaul.icims.com/jobs/16142/job

Pretty funny. Take it Matty.

Matt. said...

I wouldn't want that job if it was offered to me.

Are we doing some sort of Bracket Challenge for this Blog? If so people better post their picks for ridicule as soon as possible.

Lux said...

KU
UNLV
MSU
MD
Tenn
Gtown
GT
OSU
Cuse
Zaga
Butler
Murray
X
Pitt
BYU
KSU
Wall
Texas
Cornell
Whiskey
Marquette
NM
Clemson
WVU
Duke
Lville
Utah St
Purdue
ND
Baylor
Richmond
Nova

KU
MSU
Gtown
OSU
Cuse
Butler
X
BYU
Wall
Whisky
NM
WVU
Duke
Utah
ND
Nova

KU
OSU
Cuse
X
Wall
WVU
Duke
Nova

Evan
Cuse
WVU
Duke

Cuse Win vs WVU
135 Warm Brownies

Matt. said...

KU
UNLV
Mich St
MD
Tenns
Gtown
Ga Tech
Ohio St

KU
Mich St
GTown
E.T.

KU
E.T.

KU

Cuse
Zaga
Butler
Murray
XXXXX
Pitt
BYU
KState

Cuse
Butler
xxxXx
BYU

Cuse
BYU

Cuse

UK
Hook Em
Cornell
Wisky
Marq
UNM
Mizzou
WVU

UK
Cornell
UNM
WVU

UK
WVU

UK

duck
lville
utah st
siena
nd
baylor
smc
nova

duke
utah st
baylor
nova

duke
nova

nova

UK over Nova
Cuse over KU

Cuse is in the House Oh My God Oh My God!


Tiebreaker will be total correct not points.

M. Drury said...

Midwest
KU
North Iowa
Mich St
Maryland
San Diego St
G-Town
GT
OhioSt

KU
MichSt
G-Town
Gt

KU
G-Town

KU

West
Cuse
Zags
Butler
Murr St
XXXX
Pitt
BYU
Kansas St

Cuse
Butler
Pitt
KSt

Cuse
Pitt

Cuse

South:
Duke
L-ville
Utah St
Purdodoo
ND
Baylor
Richmond
Nova

Duke
Purdododo
ND
Nova

Duke
Nova

Duke

East:
Kent
Hook Em
Cornell
Whiskey
Marquette
New Mex
Clemson
WVU

Kent
Whiskey
New Mex
WVU

Kent
WVU

WVU

Final 4:
Cuse
Duke

Cuse in the house oh yeah oh yeah...watch out for the ghost of taylor coppenrath and your boy tj sorenstine

Matt. said...

After 2 Rounds this is what I have:

Matt- 44
Lux- 39
Dur- 39

What a crazy 4 days! So much better than last year.

Lux said...

I actually have 42 Matt. Very interesting link below:

http://www.basketballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=1019

Lux said...

Nevermind, 40 but I think Matty is drawing dead.

M. Drury said...

interesting article lux...looks like good ole matty is drawing rather dead with by putting his eggs in the wrong big east team. should be an interesting weekend upcoming.

Who has a "easier" road

Ohio St or Duke

A lucasless mich st or north iowa or duke without hummell and then the winner of st mary's baylor...i like st mary's in that game

Matt. said...

Dru, I'd have to say that Ohio State has a much easier road than Duke to the Final Four. E.T. should have little problem getting his boys to the Final Four unless they can be stopped by UNI's Wolfman and Ali.

Purdue will most likely defeat Duke as well. If not them, then definitely St. Mary's who will likely destroy Baylor.

M. Drury said...

So looks likes this year will come to do Duke v WVU to see who will win...Matt are you alive. Stephen and I both tried to call this weekend....

Matt. said...

I have missed calls from neither of you.

M. Drury said...

well glad to see you posted and we are happy that you are still alive.