Monday, February 15, 2010

Week 14

Here's a question, what will there be more of: Atlantic 10 teams that make the tournament, or members of this blog that will post this week?

Olympics and Bracketbusters this week, with a huge Syracuse/Georgetown game on Thursday.

It appears that the Pac 10 does have a clear leader now, but the same cannot be said for the SEC West.

Who wins the Ivy: Princeton, Harvard, or Cornell? Who would have thought that that race would be more interesting then any conference West of the Rocky Mountains.

5 comments:

Matt. said...

Passing the Torch:

1-Kansas
2-Kentucky
3-Syracuse
4-Purdue
5-Duke
6-Villanova
7-Michigan State
8-West Virginia
9-Gonzaga
10-Ohio State
11-Texas
12-Kansas State
13-Butler
14-Texas El Paso
15-Pittsburgh
16-Richmond/Temple/X

I like all three of those A10 teams equally, they all have decent wins, and close losses to good competition. I'd give a slight nod to X for stepping out of conference to go play a mediocre SEC team at home. So here you go:

16- Xavier

Looking forward to a great week of ball. Unfortunately that doesn't apply to tonight. Although i'll tune in to Big Monday to see Calhoun, I think he's hilarious. Not only is the BE the best conference, but they're coaches have the best post game news conferences around. They're insightful and their disdain for media types is worth watching.

Please do not bring up yesterday's terrible "game" against Louisville. Unfortunately Pitino and Louisville were able to "de-sypher" the Orange attack, but I have a feeling Wes and Jimmy will figure something out so that it does not happen again.

M. Drury said...

Steve Nash to The Great One on the Torch Passing:

1-Kansas
2-Kentucky
3-Purdoodoo
4-Cuse
5-Nova
6-Mich St
7-Duke
8-K-State
9-WVU
10-Ohio St
11-Zags
12-Butler
13-Texas
14-Vandy
15-Whisky
16-Wake

I would rank any of the A-10 teams, but as you said Matt they are all the same. Should be a wonderful week on ball:

Tuesday night is the highlight:

JMU v Ga State 7pm tip
UNC v GT 9pm

I will be attending both games to support two very inconsistent teams.

More to come later

Matt. said...

Dru you are going to both of those games? That is impressive. JMU surprised a nation with that effort on Saturday, which saved us from the cellar. I hope you are wearing one of those purple basketball jerseys.

Also, DePaul favored in a BE game? I believe it's been many years since one could say that. Also, in a sloppy move I left off Georgetown, when I certainly did not mean to do that. Next week's poll will be error-free.

S. Hartzell said...

Back from my self-imposed hiatus. I've missed the hell out of you, my darlings.

1-Kansas
2-Kentucky
3-Syracuse
4-Villanova
5-Purdue
6-West Virginia
7-Duke
8-Kansas State
9-Texas
10-Georgetown
11-Michigan State
12-Ohio State
13-Gonzaga
14-Vanderbilt
15-Butler
16-Georgia Tech

Lux said...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recap?gid=201002130419

awesome

I know I'm lame for not posting 16s but matt has me analyzing too many spreads.