Monday, February 01, 2010

Week 12


Rise and shine woodchuck chuckers. Now that February is upon us, we should all have a better idea of whats going on, but the more these games are played the more I find myself confused. The first half of our polls should reflect similar notions of how good Kentucky and Syracuse are, and how bad Texas is looking lately. But the bottom four spots are up for grabs everywhere. It seems just about every "mediocre" team had a loss this week.

All week should be a celebration of Groundhog Day, and in honour of this great film, all insults and attacks on one's list or personality, should have some use of the movie (directly or indirectly) in it.

4 comments:

Matt. said...

Don't Drive Angry:

1- Kansas
2- Michigan State
3- Syracuse
4- Kentucky
5- Villanova
6- West Virginia
7- Purdue
8- Texas
9- Duke
10- Gonzaga
11- Ohio State
12- Brigham Young
13- Kansas State
14- Georgetown
15- Siena
16- New Mexico.

Now I know you all want to jump on me for the Siena pick, but I've seen these commonly rated 14-20 teams play, probably 3-4 times each, and they all lack consistency. Not to mention when it comes time to March, one of the ways to spell trouble is S-I-E-N-A. New Mexico and Siena beat out Pitt and Tennessee.

M. Drury said...

Check It:

1-Kansas
2-Cuse
3-Kentucky
4-Mich St
5-Nova
6-Texas
7-WVU
8-Purdoododoo
9-Duke
10-K-State
11-Zags
12-G-Town
13-BYU
14-Whisky
15-Vandy
16-Butler

Matt...I like your poll and will not really jump on you for having the siena saints in your 16, but they do not have a quality win this year against any team outside of conference. I personally saw them play in early December and at best they win one game in the tournament. As for New Mexico they beat BYU at home and again they don't have a big win aganist anyone except BYU. Whereas Butler is one a pasty white team (which by my poll i do fancy those type of teams) has beaten your number 11 team and has loss to all creditable teams this year. Should be an interesting next few weeks to see if the PAC 10 gets more than one team in the tournament. Also, are both UNC and UConn going to miss the tournament this year. The ACC is up for grabs with a major game this Thursday pitting Duke v GT. I am torn and do not know who to pull for in this game. I was pulling hard for GT the first game and feel like as if I am becoming more of a jacket fan than a duke fan (my life is my card). I can get a booklet for the acc tournament if anyone is intereseted, but need to know by thrusday.

Hope you all enjoy six more weeks of winter

Matt. said...

New Mexico has beaten:
Cal
Texas AM (neutral)
Creighton

UNM has beaten Cal, Texas AM and Creighton, and Siena has dominated their conference. I probably should have gone with Cornell over Siena, as I like both.

Wisky is putting on a nice performance tonight, so I will assume you knew that was coming.

M. Drury said...

Ok so wins aganist Cal Texas A&M and Creighton are impressive because of what:

Cal is not the preseason ranked team they were supposed to be, they are an average pac 10 team.

Texas A&M is the average big 12 team that might make the tournament

Creighton is 500 on the year and 6-5 in a down mvc

These wins mean nothing to me since two of them were in the pitt one of the tougher places to play in the country..who wants to go to new mexico to play a bball game??

And Yes Whisky always plays well against mich st at the kohl center, do your homework. Either way it should have been cornell over new mexico not siena.