Sunday, March 01, 2009

Week 16

And it is now that glorious month we all love so much...

19 comments:

Matt. said...

I Love March:

1- Connecticut
2- North Carolina
3- Pittsburgh
4- Oklahoma
5- Louisville
6- Memphis
7- Michigan State
8- Kansas
9- Duke
10- Villanova
11- Gonzaga
12- Arizona State
13- UCLA
14- Marquette
15- Missouri
16- Washington

I wouldn't want to be a 2nd seed in this tournament. There are going to be some dangerous 7 seeds (i.e. Texas).

Huge final week of the season.

S. Hartzell said...

I lose power amidst 7 inches of snow and ice in Athens, GA of all places and I'm still second poster on a Monday afternoon.

1 UNC
2 UCONN
3 PITT
4 OKLA
5 LVILLE
6 MICHST
7 MEMPHIS
8 KANSAS
9 LSU
10 ARIZST
11 VNOVA
12 DUKE
13 UCLA
14 ZAGA
15 MIZZ
16 WAKE


Can't see Marquette getting back on my poll because of their injuries, meanwhile KAN and LSU are looking better by the week.

Pasty pick in UW by the way, even if its at 16

M. Drury said...

Check it don't Wreck it

1. UNC
2. UConn
3. Pitt
4. Oklahoma
5. Memphis
6. Lvlle
7. Duke
8. Zags
9. Mich St
10. Kansas
11. Wake
12. Nova
13. AZ St
14. LSU
15. UCLA
15. Mizzou

Lux said...

I'm traveling so I might have this wrong but villanova lost at home to georgetown this past weekend correct? I can't tell by looking at your polls so I wanted to confirm.

M. Drury said...

Yes Nova lost to Georgetown at home on Sat.....what give most teams in the lower half of each poll lost this weekend...its that time of year...that doesn't mean they still aren't one of the top 16 teams in the country...and we all know that Matt is going to have 8 big east times in the 16 at all times so nova is a top ten lock each week.

Matt. said...

Nova lost at home by one possession and had an opportunity to win it. The truth is that Villanova has proven that it can matchup well with the nation's elite teams and will win games in the NCAA's until they have to matchup with a dominant big man.

Lux do you have Zaga at 1 this week?

Clemson.

S. Hartzell said...

oh cool Matt way to bring up a team I had the balls to rank when they were 20-1 and now dont because they've been exposed. I'll take my Clemson pick over your OhioState anyday (remember, mid January, when you and chairman and thad motta were all holding hands?). You're poll is pasty this week, Matt, Gonzaga is not the best team out west yet you and Luxeybaby keep acting like they are. While I'm at it, way to rank 2 ACC teams in the top 16 thats just ignorant.

S. Hartzell said...

p.s. I live how Andy Katz just named LSU as a darkhorse team to get to Detroit, looks liks somebody around the country is taking notes, unlike my Northeastern-biased peers.

Dru gets props for ranking them a week late but just in time to get a window seat next to me on the bayou bengal bandwagon if he's interested. Because after what these cats did up in Lexington over the weekend to KY, I'm all aboard.

Matt. said...

What exactly did the Bayou Bengals do to KY besides almost blowing a 2nd half lead. It isn't exactly like they blew them out...unless I was watching a different game.

There's only two ACC teams that are in the Top 16 in the Nation. Plain and simple. Wake is 6-4 in Last 10, with losses to 3 of ACCs bottom dwellars. Other loss at home to a super pasty VT team. Come on. Lose to 4 non-NCAA teams and still be ranked, you've got to be kidding me.

Arizona State is 0-4 against Washington state teams, so maybe Gonzaga could beat them. If Gonzaga is such a NEastern thing, how do you explain Dur's ranking of the Zags.

I'm just glad you finally got a team down there that got over 20 wins, because if South Carolina had won the SEC that would have been embarassing.

The Carrier Dome bids farewell to the Ballsy Belgian this evening. Scrappy player that Ongenaet is. I will be in attendance, paying my respects.

S. Hartzell said...

when everyone throws roses on the court in appreciation of Senior Night, you should throw your sweat-logged and heavy orange headband onto the court, leaving your skull open and exposed and subject to easy bruising for the remainder of the game.

Matt. said...

Tough beat for the Bayou Bungles. Not nearly in the bad shape that the rest of the SEC appears to be. Jesus Kentucky get it together.

M. Drury said...

Vandy is one of the toughest places to play....that isn't a terrible loss and was bound to happen before tournament time. Would rather see a team get that out of their system before the sec tournament. The rest of that league just needs to pack it in...UGA beating Kentucky Billy G get a haircut.

Matt. said...

Dur,

The game was played in Baton Rouge. So whether or not Vandy is a tough place to play really isn't a factor is it. Want to rethink your position? I think losing to Vandy at your place isn't something to be proud of, and does more to hurt LSU then help them.

You better make yourself an appointment at a salon for yourself as well. Do me a favor, look up locations of games before posting.

Amateur Hour.

Lux said...

I'm back and now that posting a 16 doesnt make any sense at this point, I figured I'd give you some thoughts:

1. I think the entire Big 12 is extremely overrated. None of the top teams have good non-conference records and KU-MO-OU beating up on each other doesn't make any of them that good. I know road games are really hard but Kansas losing to TTU is a clear sign of why they won't be in my sweet 16.

2. LSU won't win their 1st rd game, plain and simple.

3. I'm not really expecting any Pac10 teams in the Sweet 16.

4. Matt is likely scared about Marquette beating up on Cuse even without James considering what happened last night at Pitt.

That is all, good day sirs.

Matt, not all of us work in a bar and want to be called at 12:30am on a Wednesday.

S. Hartzell said...

matt do they still sell syracuse melo jerseys up there? I'm looking for one like you've got, just without the sweat and semen stains

M. Drury said...

Ok I messed up on LSU Vandy..I guess figured that game was played in Nashvegas...it was a quick post first thing in the morning...not everyone is perfect like you Matt.

PS
At least I can get a haircut..unlike someone I know with a lack of hair.

S. Hartzell said...

JMU 70 W&M 48
next up: GeorgeMason

lets go dukes, the dream is alive

Matt. said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCglZ4KFPWg

Duke.

M. Drury said...

This is some quality stuff Matt..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6tah_zookY&feature=related

now thats a classy program


Also, are we going to get a new post of is lux just off to the Caribbean for the next few weeks.

Zags looked pretty good last night....I would venture to say they are the top team in the west.

Matt are you training down to the city to watch your boys this week?