You have got to buck up, man. You cannot drag this negative energy into the tournament!
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Selection Sunday
In a strange set of events, Syracuse took the Huskies to 6 overtimes. I didn't think Big Matt had enough blood in his body to maintain an erection for that many minutes but the smile he had on his face at the end made it quite clear I was wrong. Carly has found quite a man.
Lux, thanks for resurfacing in time to post a new thread for the blog. I look forward to this weekend all 51 weeks of the year, and finally, its back. MADNESS.
Matteus and Chris, what are your plans for the thursday/friday games? More handjobs at the Mohegan Sun or cbssportsline.com while at work?
Whats the deal with the brackets this year..i've got people asking questions....who is handling it etc...i need answers matt wake up from you cuse wet dream and fill us in
Alright I sent you all an email with a link to the site where the brackets will be administered. Also posted a poll on how much we should try to get for this pool, or if we just want to do it for bragging rights.
Duke's got a tough road to the promised land. Bingo is no slouch, Texas could pose problems and Villanova is a better, more athletic, stronger, higher quality Duke. Yikes for that draw.
Can't say I didn't tell you all about Clemson. Embarassing.
Ummm, Matt I would have to disgree with the Nova comparison, Duke is a smarter, deeper, and better coached team than nova.....who on nova is going to guard singler or henderson... and isn't that the same nova team we watched lose to hook em in the garden, who are you kidding here you must be crapping your pants once you saw who the cuse drew.
SFA..ok they are no vermont, then temple or az st (harden is a beast and they have shooter to crush the zone)...then blake the snake or possibly clemson or a michigan team that could give them real trouble...stop just picking on duke and lets talk about how unconn shouldn't have been a 1 and how the 1 overall l-ville got punished. not mention that lux's number 1 and 2 teams are destined to meet in the round of 16 (unc v zags) very interesting match up.
if you really thing that nova would beat duke go ahead and give me your money now...did you watch any of the acc tournament...
Without Lawson, I'm not sure UNC wins that game. Why was lville screwed? I've barely had a chance to look at the schedule. Lawson is definitely out right?
No lawson is prob going to play..might not play in the first game, but the report is he should be good for the second weekend...they just sat him out of the acc to let things heal.
lville has a tough schedule..either wake or utah/zona in the 16 and kansas/wvu or mich st in the 8 all of those teams can easily beat the vill
Louisville got the 2nd best path to Detroit my sadly mistaken friend. First off, you don't know who they'll be playing because there are lots of mediocre teams existing in that side of the bracket. Wake may not win game one. That will be a lot closer than you think. Arizona could off Utah as well. Either way none of those teams, none, have the athletes to play with Louisville. The other half is also not that bad. Yeah Michigan State always comes to play, but you can't like Sparty in a matchup with Pitino's Bunch. Kansas may not even be there, they are inconsistent, and haven't played the really good teams particularly well. I don't even like their chances with WVU by the way. Maybe WVU is the only squad that could really give Louisville a game (i.e. last game of regular season), but Huggy will have to lay off the sauce long enough for that to happen (not likely).
UConn, who many question as a 1 seed, got a huge advantage. They've got no one. Don't bring up Purdue, please don't. They will meet the winner of Mizzou/Memphis and I believe that UConn plays some of the best defense in the nation.
Villanova is not the same team that lost to Texas in early December. Neither is Texas. But Villanova has a huge "gift from the committee" as they will be in the friendly confines of the Wachovia Center (home court) then be the geographically closest team to Boston, as a 3 seed. And you know Villanova fans travel. Lance Thomas and the 2nd coming of Nick Horvath (Zoubek) will never be able to contain Cunningham, and Reynolds scores no matter what. I watched the ACC Tournament. They didn't play Wake or UNC, not even Clemson. The highest seed they played was the 5. So I hope Duke would win. Garbage.
Lux what will you do with the UNC/Gonzaga matchup in the Sweet 16. That will be a great game. The South is the hardest bracket.
Matt...your BE bias shine through the film covering your eyes...Duke played FSU a 4 seed in the ACC Tournament, also who cares in cunningham goes off...Duke will allow teams to score points, I would worry about nova getting past either vcu or ucla...yes they do play at home but still.
I am still not a believer in lville, something about this team just doesn't seem like they have a long tourney run in them...I don't think they make the final 4, wake matches up well with them, deep, big and athletic guards (yes wake has to make it there, but their first game might be the toughest)
Also, UConn has to go out west and prob play washington..the pac 10 champs...this team has a legit big man in brockman and guards that don't turn the ball over and can shoot...just saying that uconn doesn't have the easiest road..and yes the south is going to be the toughest to pick...punish unc for all its seniors coming back...let the madness begin tonight..NIT tip-off
11 comments:
Lux, thanks for resurfacing in time to post a new thread for the blog. I look forward to this weekend all 51 weeks of the year, and finally, its back. MADNESS.
Matteus and Chris, what are your plans for the thursday/friday games? More handjobs at the Mohegan Sun or cbssportsline.com while at work?
I want to hold lunardi responsible. here's his final projections as of 430pm selection sunday:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology
I don't want to jinx them but I'm real high on Duke right now.
Whats the deal with the brackets this year..i've got people asking questions....who is handling it etc...i need answers matt wake up from you cuse wet dream and fill us in
Alright I sent you all an email with a link to the site where the brackets will be administered. Also posted a poll on how much we should try to get for this pool, or if we just want to do it for bragging rights.
Duke's got a tough road to the promised land. Bingo is no slouch, Texas could pose problems and Villanova is a better, more athletic, stronger, higher quality Duke. Yikes for that draw.
Can't say I didn't tell you all about Clemson. Embarassing.
Ummm, Matt I would have to disgree with the Nova comparison, Duke is a smarter, deeper, and better coached team than nova.....who on nova is going to guard singler or henderson... and isn't that the same nova team we watched lose to hook em in the garden, who are you kidding here you must be crapping your pants once you saw who the cuse drew.
SFA..ok they are no vermont, then temple or az st (harden is a beast and they have shooter to crush the zone)...then blake the snake or possibly clemson or a michigan team that could give them real trouble...stop just picking on duke and lets talk about how unconn shouldn't have been a 1 and how the 1 overall l-ville got punished. not mention that lux's number 1 and 2 teams are destined to meet in the round of 16 (unc v zags) very interesting match up.
if you really thing that nova would beat duke go ahead and give me your money now...did you watch any of the acc tournament...
Without Lawson, I'm not sure UNC wins that game. Why was lville screwed? I've barely had a chance to look at the schedule. Lawson is definitely out right?
No lawson is prob going to play..might not play in the first game, but the report is he should be good for the second weekend...they just sat him out of the acc to let things heal.
lville has a tough schedule..either wake or utah/zona in the 16 and kansas/wvu or mich st in the 8 all of those teams can easily beat the vill
Louisville got the 2nd best path to Detroit my sadly mistaken friend. First off, you don't know who they'll be playing because there are lots of mediocre teams existing in that side of the bracket. Wake may not win game one. That will be a lot closer than you think. Arizona could off Utah as well. Either way none of those teams, none, have the athletes to play with Louisville. The other half is also not that bad. Yeah Michigan State always comes to play, but you can't like Sparty in a matchup with Pitino's Bunch. Kansas may not even be there, they are inconsistent, and haven't played the really good teams particularly well. I don't even like their chances with WVU by the way. Maybe WVU is the only squad that could really give Louisville a game (i.e. last game of regular season), but Huggy will have to lay off the sauce long enough for that to happen (not likely).
UConn, who many question as a 1 seed, got a huge advantage. They've got no one. Don't bring up Purdue, please don't. They will meet the winner of Mizzou/Memphis and I believe that UConn plays some of the best defense in the nation.
Villanova is not the same team that lost to Texas in early December. Neither is Texas. But Villanova has a huge "gift from the committee" as they will be in the friendly confines of the Wachovia Center (home court) then be the geographically closest team to Boston, as a 3 seed. And you know Villanova fans travel. Lance Thomas and the 2nd coming of Nick Horvath (Zoubek) will never be able to contain Cunningham, and Reynolds scores no matter what. I watched the ACC Tournament. They didn't play Wake or UNC, not even Clemson. The highest seed they played was the 5. So I hope Duke would win. Garbage.
Lux what will you do with the UNC/Gonzaga matchup in the Sweet 16. That will be a great game. The South is the hardest bracket.
Clemson won't beat Michigan.
Tourney kicks off with a great game, LSU/Butler.
Matt...your BE bias shine through the film covering your eyes...Duke played FSU a 4 seed in the ACC Tournament, also who cares in cunningham goes off...Duke will allow teams to score points, I would worry about nova getting past either vcu or ucla...yes they do play at home but still.
I am still not a believer in lville, something about this team just doesn't seem like they have a long tourney run in them...I don't think they make the final 4, wake matches up well with them, deep, big and athletic guards (yes wake has to make it there, but their first game might be the toughest)
Also, UConn has to go out west and prob play washington..the pac 10 champs...this team has a legit big man in brockman and guards that don't turn the ball over and can shoot...just saying that uconn doesn't have the easiest road..and yes the south is going to be the toughest to pick...punish unc for all its seniors coming back...let the madness begin tonight..NIT tip-off
Lux are you going to apply for the Arizona job? You could beat out Reggie Theus
Lux would be a terrific hire at Arizona. Knows the area well, considers himself an expert on the basketball landscape out there.
Would have a tough time going up against his boy Tim Floyd though.
I think he's more interested in the Washington State gig.
Post a Comment