Lux asked me to post this for him, as he is in an undisclosed vacation spot living it up as only the Chairman knows how:
1- ACC #1 2- Big East #1 3- Gonzaga 4- Big East 5- Big 12 #1 6- ACC 7- Big 10 #1 8- Big East 9- ACC 10- Big 12 11- Pac 10 12- Pac 10 13- Pac 10 14- Big East 15- Big East 16- Big East
He said we could just fill out the rest as we desired.
X still owns that conference, and everyone will get a loss in conference (save Memphis). They will rebound from this defeat and defeat Dayton on Wednesday.
1- Connecticut 2- North Carolina 3- Oklahoma 4- Pittsburgh 5- Louisville 6- Duke 7- Michigan State 8- California, Los Angeles 9- Marquette 10- Memphis 11- Villanova 12- Kansas 13- XXX XXX XXX XXX 14- Fake Forest 15- Gonzaga 16- Arizona State
UCLA moves up because while they didn't do anything in the nonconference, they are playing well as of late, and beating quality Pac10 opponents, this week they smacked down USC and then Notre Dame (which when you beat a team that badly it leaves a mark). Marquette and X drop a little for last minute losses.
Lots of newcomers as I had to clean house from the last Power Poll.
Despite the circumstances of late, I'll still be enjoying my seats at Gampel Pavillion on Wednesday. Can't wait to hear what the UConn student section has in store for my Orange.
Not really that big of a deal overall. Two of them lost to teams on my very list (so how that counts is beyond me...when two teams play one of them has to lose right), and Missouri was right on the brink of being ranked by yours truly, but Wake is on a slide, and I might have been the one that called that happening.
Then again I didn't rank a "Healthy Purdue", a team that lost by 18 at home 10th, or the 9th Best BEast team. Neither here nor there.
Eight from the ACC is virtually impossible. I salivate for the argument of the 7th and 8th ACC over the 9th BE, 6th Big 10, 5th Pac 10, or one of the mid-major leaders that will eventually lose their conference tourney.
Yes Matt but considering we ORDER the teams, if your 9 loses to your 11 then I'm allowed to hold that against you in a court of law.
In any event, your 11-12-13 got a nasty slap to the head.
Anyone going to give me credit for my Texas pick? They absolutely mandhandled Ok St with a 25 point win. How none of you are ranking them is beyond me and Matt already implied that he thinks they are the 4th best team in the Big 12 which couldn't be farther from the truth.
I'm really not that big on Texas lately. Lost three straight (all of which are behind them in the standings...or at least they should be). If Texas was really a top 16 team they'd take care of business against K-State and Nebraska.
I would say Mizzou going into Texas and defeating them would constitute them being better than Hook Em. For now. Citing a win against lowly OK State (this isn't the year 2000), isn't enough.
You claimed that my 11 got beat, thats Villanova, and they didn't get beat.
If Texas is better than 4th in the Big 12, then why haven't they shown up in conference play. I'm not sure that I'm currently that impressed with a team that is 5-4 (losers of last 3 before the OK State win). They may sneak back in Monday depending on what some other teams do this weekend, but coming into this weeek they weren't there.
You can't really get after me while you continue to rank teams that don't exist (i.e. Healthy Purdue). You keep copping out on your rankings, yet hold everyone else to an impossible standard.
When does kenpom predict that Hummel will come back?
Obviously I meant 12-13-14 jackass. But as of a couple hrs ago, yes your 11 lost. Please don't rank any teams I like next week, they lose the second they go near your list.
I don't have it in front of me but I don't think texas have ever been out of a game all year. How many teams can say that?
Everyone keeps talking about conference performance but its still early, a lot of teams look better or worse than they are because of the lopsided schedules. Kansas, marquette etc
Texas' only game that they weren't in was the Oklahoma game, easily the toughest team they have played to date. They didn't even show up that night.
Look I like Texas just as much as the next guy, but I'm not impressed at all with how they've handled themselves in big games, and as of late. They haven't won a meaningful game since the Jimmy V, and have had some chances (please tell me that at Baylor, Texas A&M at home are big W's). Right now they look like a first round exit...probably at the hands of an ol' fashioned Rick Barnes meltdown.
I still think Marquette is a better team than Texas at the moment. By the end of the year? Who knows. I'm not a mind reader (which is why I didn't know you weren't referring to my 11th ranked team....who subsequently lost...awesome).
Stephen seems to officially be in a mid season slump. Word out of Athens is that he suffered a mild injury in a pickup game, and hasn't been the same since. I'm pretty sure I called something like this a couple of weeks ago.
Its safe to say that Monsieur Hartzell is this blog's Oregon Ducks. Hope he turns that ship around.
I just want to mention that WVU played the best first half of basketball that I have seen since conference play started. That doesn't mean much to hartzell though because he doesn't think I watch the games.
Lux you think WVU played better than Arizona's first half against UCLA? You are going to rank them aren't you? I don't blame you, I'm close myself. They've played well as of late. Won 7 straight, and the two losses before that were last possession games.
Some good ball on tonight, nice little tripleheader. Big games in ACC, Duke and UNC can really create seperation for themselves.
The CAA is looking pretty tough these days. Seven teams seperated by two games in the standings. Big win for the Dukes Saturday.
21 comments:
Lux asked me to post this for him, as he is in an undisclosed vacation spot living it up as only the Chairman knows how:
1- ACC #1
2- Big East #1
3- Gonzaga
4- Big East
5- Big 12 #1
6- ACC
7- Big 10 #1
8- Big East
9- ACC
10- Big 12
11- Pac 10
12- Pac 10
13- Pac 10
14- Big East
15- Big East
16- Big East
He said we could just fill out the rest as we desired.
Could it be another cop out?
You be the jury.
Xavier played well yesterday.
As did Gonzaga.
X still owns that conference, and everyone will get a loss in conference (save Memphis). They will rebound from this defeat and defeat Dayton on Wednesday.
The List:
1- Connecticut
2- North Carolina
3- Oklahoma
4- Pittsburgh
5- Louisville
6- Duke
7- Michigan State
8- California, Los Angeles
9- Marquette
10- Memphis
11- Villanova
12- Kansas
13- XXX XXX XXX XXX
14- Fake Forest
15- Gonzaga
16- Arizona State
UCLA moves up because while they didn't do anything in the nonconference, they are playing well as of late, and beating quality Pac10 opponents, this week they smacked down USC and then Notre Dame (which when you beat a team that badly it leaves a mark). Marquette and X drop a little for last minute losses.
Lots of newcomers as I had to clean house from the last Power Poll.
Despite the circumstances of late, I'll still be enjoying my seats at Gampel Pavillion on Wednesday. Can't wait to hear what the UConn student section has in store for my Orange.
Oh, I didn't "accidentally" forget Clemson either. They're awful.
Did I miterate on your rug?
Article on the big east: http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/story.cfm/story/816648
Also, UConn is still 8 to 1 to win it all. Not a bad bet in my opinion.
Matt, your 12 pick is +4.5 tonight. You betting your car?
One could write an article about every team in the nation's easy wins and bad losses. So I'm not terribly impressed with that.
Who lands the Arizona job?
Izzo
Few
Theus
Other
I'd take Kansas tonight. And Pittsburgh.
1- UNC
2- UConn
3- Oklahoma
4- Lville
5- Pitt
6- Mich St
7- Duke
8- UCLA
9- Memphis
10- Gonzaga
11- Texas
12- Marquette
13- Healthy Purdue
14- Villanova
15- WVU
16- Arizona State
If Gonzaga disappoints again in March, I don't think they'll offer the job to Few.
Capel would be interesting for Arizona but I don't see them hiring a black guy. Maybe Purnell if Maryland doesn't go after him?
The Xavier coach?
1. UNC
2. UConn
3. Oklahoma
4. Pitt
5. Duke
6. Lville
7. Mich St
8. UCLA
9. Memphis
10. Marquette
11. Wake
12. Zags
13. Nova
14. Az st
15. Kansas
16. Clemson
Lanuder has 8 ACC teams in his new bracketology:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology
Just because Duke, Wake and UNC sometimes play like absolute dog shit does not mean 8 teams should go to the dance.
the least I could do was post my 16 before UNC/DUKE
1- UNC
2- UCONN
3- LVILLE
4- OKLA
5- PITT
6- DUKE
7- MICHST
8- MARQ
9- MEM
10-UCLA
11-WAKE
12-KAN
13-VILL
14-GONZ
15-ARIZST
16-CLEM
So Matt, at least 25 percent of your power 16 has already lost this week?
Not really that big of a deal overall. Two of them lost to teams on my very list (so how that counts is beyond me...when two teams play one of them has to lose right), and Missouri was right on the brink of being ranked by yours truly, but Wake is on a slide, and I might have been the one that called that happening.
Then again I didn't rank a "Healthy Purdue", a team that lost by 18 at home 10th, or the 9th Best BEast team. Neither here nor there.
Eight from the ACC is virtually impossible. I salivate for the argument of the 7th and 8th ACC over the 9th BE, 6th Big 10, 5th Pac 10, or one of the mid-major leaders that will eventually lose their conference tourney.
Joke.
UCLA/Devils tonight, who ya got Luxey.
Yes Matt but considering we ORDER the teams, if your 9 loses to your 11 then I'm allowed to hold that against you in a court of law.
In any event, your 11-12-13 got a nasty slap to the head.
Anyone going to give me credit for my Texas pick? They absolutely mandhandled Ok St with a 25 point win. How none of you are ranking them is beyond me and Matt already implied that he thinks they are the 4th best team in the Big 12 which couldn't be farther from the truth.
I'm really not that big on Texas lately. Lost three straight (all of which are behind them in the standings...or at least they should be). If Texas was really a top 16 team they'd take care of business against K-State and Nebraska.
I would say Mizzou going into Texas and defeating them would constitute them being better than Hook Em. For now. Citing a win against lowly OK State (this isn't the year 2000), isn't enough.
You claimed that my 11 got beat, thats Villanova, and they didn't get beat.
If Texas is better than 4th in the Big 12, then why haven't they shown up in conference play. I'm not sure that I'm currently that impressed with a team that is 5-4 (losers of last 3 before the OK State win). They may sneak back in Monday depending on what some other teams do this weekend, but coming into this weeek they weren't there.
You can't really get after me while you continue to rank teams that don't exist (i.e. Healthy Purdue). You keep copping out on your rankings, yet hold everyone else to an impossible standard.
When does kenpom predict that Hummel will come back?
Obviously I meant 12-13-14 jackass. But as of a couple hrs ago, yes your 11 lost. Please don't rank any teams I like next week, they lose the second they go near your list.
I don't have it in front of me but I don't think texas have ever been out of a game all year. How many teams can say that?
Everyone keeps talking about conference performance but its still early, a lot of teams look better or worse than they are because of the lopsided schedules. Kansas, marquette etc
Texas' only game that they weren't in was the Oklahoma game, easily the toughest team they have played to date. They didn't even show up that night.
Look I like Texas just as much as the next guy, but I'm not impressed at all with how they've handled themselves in big games, and as of late. They haven't won a meaningful game since the Jimmy V, and have had some chances (please tell me that at Baylor, Texas A&M at home are big W's). Right now they look like a first round exit...probably at the hands of an ol' fashioned Rick Barnes meltdown.
I still think Marquette is a better team than Texas at the moment. By the end of the year? Who knows. I'm not a mind reader (which is why I didn't know you weren't referring to my 11th ranked team....who subsequently lost...awesome).
Stephen seems to officially be in a mid season slump. Word out of Athens is that he suffered a mild injury in a pickup game, and hasn't been the same since. I'm pretty sure I called something like this a couple of weeks ago.
Its safe to say that Monsieur Hartzell is this blog's Oregon Ducks. Hope he turns that ship around.
I just want to mention that WVU played the best first half of basketball that I have seen since conference play started. That doesn't mean much to hartzell though because he doesn't think I watch the games.
Goodnight again, Clemson.
Lux you think WVU played better than Arizona's first half against UCLA? You are going to rank them aren't you? I don't blame you, I'm close myself. They've played well as of late. Won 7 straight, and the two losses before that were last possession games.
Some good ball on tonight, nice little tripleheader. Big games in ACC, Duke and UNC can really create seperation for themselves.
The CAA is looking pretty tough these days. Seven teams seperated by two games in the standings. Big win for the Dukes Saturday.
so did Georgia on saturday Lux, big deal. You want a medal, WVU?
Post a Comment