1- Pittsburgh 2- North Carolina 3- Texas 4- Connecticut 5- Duke 6- Syracuse 7- Oklahoma 8- UCLA 9- Michigan State 10- Notre Dame 11- Wake Forest 12- Georgetown 13- Saint Mary's 14- Butler 15- Arizona State 16- Gonzaga
Couple of things: I think the UCONN loss to Georgetown would make them the 1 seed out West if things were settled today. I'm keeping Gonzaga in, not because I think they are a 4 seed right now, but more because this awfully difficult schedule will help them in the long run. But it'd be nice if they would win a game.
I'm not going to give Clemson any respect. I reviewed their schedule this morning and its pitiful. Arizona State remains as the only contender to UCLA. Although I suppose Cal would have a case. I still think that Harden and Pendergraph gets this team into the round of 16.
One final note: I moved Pitt to one because their win at Georgetown showed some real toughness and with UNC's debacle on the Hill, I believe this was warranted.
1. UNC 2. Pitt 3. UConn 4. Texas 5. Duke 6. Wake 7. Cuse 8. Oklahoma 9. UCLA 10. Mich St 11. Georgetown 12. Arizona St 13. Notre Dame 14. Zags 15. Marquette 16. Clemson
UNC is still the best team in the country...tell me that Pitt could really beat them. Every team has a bad game and it just happened UNC was last night.
As for the Big East....who is going to win that conference. Pitt can't shoot the ball from outside ten feet..(may have a tough time against at 2 3 zone)..UConn showed they have a few weaknesses....Georgetown can't rely on Monroe to carry them every game (only other player is Summers)...Cuse needs to develop more of an inside presence in order to deal with the big's in the conference...ND is weak when they can't shoot the 3 ball...watch out for Marquette and L-ville, but I don't think either team is smart enough to make a big run
As for the ACC...is Wake for real, I believe they are a year away from being really good. They start 1 freshman, 2 Soph and 2 Jr...and only have one real senior that plays. UNC will rebound and crush Wake on Sunday...Yes Matt Clemson has played a weak schedule, but they haven't lost yet and I would say are better than St Mary's (how do they move up to 13). My beloved Blue Devils seem to have figured it out and look to be on their mid-season tear as usual (watch out for upcoming at at Fla St...Duke can't win in Tallnasty).
Pac 10 is going to interesting as well...Stanford, Cal, Az St, and USC all may give UCLA a run.
Big game tonight for ND and Georgetown who will rebound from Sat.
What indication has Clemson given you that they should be in the top 16 teams in the country other than they are undefeated. They schedule the same crap every year, start undefeated and then collapse. Go ahead and fall for it again Dur, but I think the rest of the nation has learned their lesson when it comes to Clemson. Their best win is either at Illinois or Temple on a neutral, and that doesn't spell Sweet 16 to me.
I'll take the team that has neutral W's against Providence, and road wins against Oregon and Southern Illinois over Clemson any day of the week.
Matt...what has providence (10-4 with not big wins at all) or so ill (5-9) done all year. Last time I checked the Illni (13-2 only loss to mich a top 25 team) are on the verge on the top 25 and temple beat tenn, but they haven't had a great season thus far.
The two teams play a completely different style of basketball and the only reason that St Mary's is decent is because they have Patty Mills who is prob 27 with a fake birth certificate from Aussie land. Clemson plays in the ACC (2nd or 3rd best conference in America) while St Marys just have to face the zags twice a year and play a bunch of cupcakes.
Clemson would get a higher seed in the tournament and has a much greater shot of making it to the 16 then St Mary's does.
Dur, Clemson has virtually zero chance of making the Sweet 16. Zero. Here's why. The last three years they have started out 37-0 (not including this year), and as soon as conference play starts (a.k.a when they receive their first loss) they have gone a combined 24-29. Thats terrible. So you are on record as being an avid supporter of a team that once they get their first taste of losing, can't have enough.
Clemson is well known for one thing, collapses. But is it fair to call it a collapse? Maybe not, because once you take South Carolina State, Presbyterian, and Savannah State (I'm leaving off Wofford intentionally) off the schedule, you're bound to be a sub .500 team.
Give it two weeks, and we'll be done talking about Clemson. Hopefully the rest of your middling ACC as well.
Matt aka Vader (as you insist on using Dur for my name)
I do see you point and will more than likely have Clemson out of my 16 by next week.
A few points: You intentionally wrote something about excluding Clemson (Reason 1 why I added them)
I was debating between Minn, Xavier, L-ville and Clemson -I didn't want a big east team, xaiver got crushed by duke, and minn is to pasty for me right now (reason two why I included clemson)
You have now made two posts to point out the reason why Clemson shouldn't be includes as well as doing some research on team...I think it was well worth one week of including them for this effort on your behalf.
I commend your work and will remove them as of next week.
I didn't even realize the Dur thing, just a spelling error. But it seems to fit your persona on this blog site, so its sticking.
You are claiming to have put Clemson in because I made a comment about them, as well as not putting in Louisville, Xavier or Minnesota (all teams that wouldn't have raised an objection with me...maybe Minnesota). So I've gotten in your head, and that scares you. Understandable.
Glad to know your credibility is forever tarnished because I intimidate you.
Matt I'm shocked you're awake and posting before noon most of these days...plus I'm sick of cold calling your ass with no callbacks. All I'm trying to get is some BigEast info, since you tout yourself as some kind of insider.
guess I'm loving the Big10 this week but the Gophers are good and Purdue edges out Tennessee for the last spot. Bruce Pearl's team showed me a lot in the loss to Kansas, and if they beat Gonzaga this week they will be my first SEC team to reach the rankings all year.
Will be back with more plays after posting over 60% winners over the weekend.
14 comments:
thats all we get? Where will you be spending your New Years, Mr. Chairman? What hotel bar?
Power Poll:
1- Pittsburgh
2- North Carolina
3- Texas
4- Connecticut
5- Duke
6- Syracuse
7- Oklahoma
8- UCLA
9- Michigan State
10- Notre Dame
11- Wake Forest
12- Georgetown
13- Saint Mary's
14- Butler
15- Arizona State
16- Gonzaga
Couple of things: I think the UCONN loss to Georgetown would make them the 1 seed out West if things were settled today. I'm keeping Gonzaga in, not because I think they are a 4 seed right now, but more because this awfully difficult schedule will help them in the long run. But it'd be nice if they would win a game.
I'm not going to give Clemson any respect. I reviewed their schedule this morning and its pitiful. Arizona State remains as the only contender to UCLA. Although I suppose Cal would have a case. I still think that Harden and Pendergraph gets this team into the round of 16.
One final note: I moved Pitt to one because their win at Georgetown showed some real toughness and with UNC's debacle on the Hill, I believe this was warranted.
The Return:
1. UNC
2. Pitt
3. UConn
4. Texas
5. Duke
6. Wake
7. Cuse
8. Oklahoma
9. UCLA
10. Mich St
11. Georgetown
12. Arizona St
13. Notre Dame
14. Zags
15. Marquette
16. Clemson
UNC is still the best team in the country...tell me that Pitt could really beat them. Every team has a bad game and it just happened UNC was last night.
As for the Big East....who is going to win that conference. Pitt can't shoot the ball from outside ten feet..(may have a tough time against at 2 3 zone)..UConn showed they have a few weaknesses....Georgetown can't rely on Monroe to carry them every game (only other player is Summers)...Cuse needs to develop more of an inside presence in order to deal with the big's in the conference...ND is weak when they can't shoot the 3 ball...watch out for Marquette and L-ville, but I don't think either team is smart enough to make a big run
As for the ACC...is Wake for real, I believe they are a year away from being really good. They start 1 freshman, 2 Soph and 2 Jr...and only have one real senior that plays. UNC will rebound and crush Wake on Sunday...Yes Matt Clemson has played a weak schedule, but they haven't lost yet and I would say are better than St Mary's (how do they move up to 13). My beloved Blue Devils seem to have figured it out and look to be on their mid-season tear as usual (watch out for upcoming at at Fla St...Duke can't win in Tallnasty).
Pac 10 is going to interesting as well...Stanford, Cal, Az St, and USC all may give UCLA a run.
Big game tonight for ND and Georgetown who will rebound from Sat.
Good Day
What indication has Clemson given you that they should be in the top 16 teams in the country other than they are undefeated. They schedule the same crap every year, start undefeated and then collapse. Go ahead and fall for it again Dur, but I think the rest of the nation has learned their lesson when it comes to Clemson. Their best win is either at Illinois or Temple on a neutral, and that doesn't spell Sweet 16 to me.
I'll take the team that has neutral W's against Providence, and road wins against Oregon and Southern Illinois over Clemson any day of the week.
Matt...what has providence (10-4 with not big wins at all) or so ill (5-9) done all year. Last time I checked the Illni (13-2 only loss to mich a top 25 team) are on the verge on the top 25 and temple beat tenn, but they haven't had a great season thus far.
The two teams play a completely different style of basketball and the only reason that St Mary's is decent is because they have Patty Mills who is prob 27 with a fake birth certificate from Aussie land. Clemson plays in the ACC (2nd or 3rd best conference in America) while St Marys just have to face the zags twice a year and play a bunch of cupcakes.
Clemson would get a higher seed in the tournament and has a much greater shot of making it to the 16 then St Mary's does.
Dur, Clemson has virtually zero chance of making the Sweet 16. Zero. Here's why. The last three years they have started out 37-0 (not including this year), and as soon as conference play starts (a.k.a when they receive their first loss) they have gone a combined 24-29. Thats terrible. So you are on record as being an avid supporter of a team that once they get their first taste of losing, can't have enough.
Clemson is well known for one thing, collapses. But is it fair to call it a collapse? Maybe not, because once you take South Carolina State, Presbyterian, and Savannah State (I'm leaving off Wofford intentionally) off the schedule, you're bound to be a sub .500 team.
Give it two weeks, and we'll be done talking about Clemson. Hopefully the rest of your middling ACC as well.
I do like your Marquette selection though.
Matt aka Vader (as you insist on using Dur for my name)
I do see you point and will more than likely have Clemson out of my 16 by next week.
A few points:
You intentionally wrote something about excluding Clemson (Reason 1 why I added them)
I was debating between Minn, Xavier, L-ville and Clemson
-I didn't want a big east team, xaiver got crushed by duke, and minn is to pasty for me right now (reason two why I included clemson)
You have now made two posts to point out the reason why Clemson shouldn't be includes as well as doing some research on team...I think it was well worth one week of including them for this effort on your behalf.
I commend your work and will remove them as of next week.
Good Day Sir
I didn't even realize the Dur thing, just a spelling error. But it seems to fit your persona on this blog site, so its sticking.
You are claiming to have put Clemson in because I made a comment about them, as well as not putting in Louisville, Xavier or Minnesota (all teams that wouldn't have raised an objection with me...maybe Minnesota). So I've gotten in your head, and that scares you. Understandable.
Glad to know your credibility is forever tarnished because I intimidate you.
Good day sissy.
Matt I'm shocked you're awake and posting before noon most of these days...plus I'm sick of cold calling your ass with no callbacks. All I'm trying to get is some BigEast info, since you tout yourself as some kind of insider.
Matt, you're pasty.
Onto the poll:
1 PITT.
2 UNC
3 TEXAS
4 UCONN
5 WAKE
6 OKLA.
7 DUKE
8 N.D.
9 GTOWN
10 UCLA
11 'CUSE
12 ARIZST.
13 MICHST.
14 'ZAGA
15 MINN.
16 PURDUE
guess I'm loving the Big10 this week but the Gophers are good and Purdue edges out Tennessee for the last spot. Bruce Pearl's team showed me a lot in the loss to Kansas, and if they beat Gonzaga this week they will be my first SEC team to reach the rankings all year.
Will be back with more plays after posting over 60% winners over the weekend.
this could be a big weekend, with 18 of 25 playing tomorrow, including a monster big east day. hope you all are paying attention.
lux,
can we get dur spell check. his posts are flurried with errors, and this blog is better than that.
Lux is back bitches.
Dru, thanks for sending your check.
Happy New Year All
Pac 10 News:
USC lost to Oregon St last weekend and could very well beat UCLA tomorrow. I love this game.
hey sports fans, i just discovered this footage from one of matt benjamin's old rec-league games..
http://withleather.uproxx.com/?p=13505
Alright, whoever posted that should have logged in and not posted such blasphemy anonomously. Shameful.
Needless to say that wasn't really me.
When will we get a Week 9 to post to.
Post a Comment