Lux you're pretty soft for posting this thread then just abandoning it and waiting for suckers to come along and throw you a lifeline. Which is exactly what I'm doing for you.
Stephen's preseason power poll 1-North Carolina 2-Connecticut 3-Notre Dame 4-California, Los Angeles 5-Pittsburgh 6-Louisville 7-Gonzaga 8-Michigan State 9-Texas 10-Kansas 11-Oklahoma 12-Davidson 13-Arizona State 14-Tennessee 15-Memphis 16-Duke
I know, a lot of Big East love at the top half of my poll, then again when you've got 32 teams in your conference like the BigEast does, some of them are bound to play well. Notable omissions from my list, and these are not accidents, include Syracuse, Purdue, and Miami, the last two a lot of people are high on and as for the Orange, they look like another 18-16 type of club. Which means CBI postseason play in the Carrier Dome this March, not even the NIT will fall for that shit.
Boeheim should have stuck with the US Team this summer, cause that gold medal he won in Beijing isn't going to make up for the pasty squad he'll have taking the floor this season. And since his successor has already been named, is it too early to say Boeheim is a lame-duck head coach?
Really looking forward to the Jimmy V, boys, as it will be my first ever trip inside the Garden, and Dru's first time seeing a building over 10 stories, or however tall Eagle Hall dormitory was at JMU.
You're the one who needs the feminine napkins, Christopher, its a preseason poll and Kansas is the defending national champions I can't wait to see you fit nine of the Pac10 teams in your poll, including a Lux trademark, having Arizona in the top 4.
I wanted to rank Kansas but they lost too many players to replace and I couldn't forget about their first round losses in 05 and 06 when they were a young team (also top 4 seed both years).
I would also like to add that I was the only one of us to actually pick Kansas as the National Champions and was pushing them hard all year so I think I'm qualified to keep them off for now.
Zona is Zona, they're top 25 but not a Power team.
As well all can see Matt is the last to post; hopefully he will not get sucked into the black-hole of the cuse and pop his head out to post every once in a while.
Jimmy V Countdown t-minus 48 days
Preseason Post: 1. UNC 2. UConn 3. UCLA 4. Texas 5. L-ville 6. Notre Dame 7. Zags 8. Michigan St 9. Pitt (with a healthy Fields) 10. Oklahoma 11. Memphis 12. Duke 13. Purdue 14. Davidson 15. Arizona St 16. Wake
Syracuse will be better than you all think, even in the super-loaded Big East.
Not really sure how Arizona didn't make Lux's list, but his USC boyz did. Where is Wazzou this year, I am looking forward to not having to discuss them at all this year.
Lux, why are you leaving OU off your list. They may have the best player in the nation not named Hansbrough.
I'm surprised Dru didn't include Baylor, who is about as overrated as Purdue and Miami.
I can't believe you'd actually rank Boeheim's boys since they've underacheived for you the last couple years, but hey, its a long season. Hope Virginia doesnt come up there and shit in your cereal on the day after Thanksgiving.
When we're all hanging out at MSG for the Jimmy V, will Lux be making courtside wagers on the 2nd half o/u with his iPhone? That would be tight. And do I need to pack a sportsjacket because I know Christopher will be straight chairman-of-the-boards steez, and Matt will be in his finest orange headband (for his sweating gland problem, you know, which has gotten worse with age), I'd just hate to be underdressed.
p.s. do we know if Erin Andrews will be courtside doing her thing while we're in NYC? I could easily see that becoming a photo op for yours truly, especially after a few of those $14 beers they sell in manhattan
Oh and Lux, why no love for Davidson? I thought you were a midmajor guy and it seemed like they'd be a preseason lock for the top 20. Where are they on your radar?
Remember it will be winter then, and Lux will be dressed in designer jeans and a peacoat. He has quite a collection of these according to Schneier.
In past years we have gotten Lesley Visser or someone her age. Hopefully Andrews will be there though.
Syracuse has a squad this year. If you've read that little Blue Ribbon magazine that you got, you'd know that. As long as they are healthy this team should be for real.
I don't know much about Davidson improvement in personnel vs last year but they're overrated based on their tourney experience. Curry is damn amazing but he won't be a "secret" anymore and all it takes is a good defensive guard to shut him down. So they beat a pasty Wisconsin team in the sweet 16 and we forget about their pretty much winless nonconference season? Please.
By the way, Davidson's first game is JMU.
Matt, Oklahoma is in my top 20 but I'm not sucking their meat stick quite yet.
Sorry about Zona boys but I've warmed to the fact that those players would rather be on the beach in March/April.
Season's change, but some things don't. Lux, while you may not be on Oklahoma yet, you haven't left your beloved Pac10, as all of your posts have had lots to do with all things Pacific.
Oklahoma will win the Big 12.
Davidson's for real, more so than Southern California.
13 comments:
Lux you're pretty soft for posting this thread then just abandoning it and waiting for suckers to come along and throw you a lifeline. Which is exactly what I'm doing for you.
Stephen's preseason power poll
1-North Carolina
2-Connecticut
3-Notre Dame
4-California, Los Angeles
5-Pittsburgh
6-Louisville
7-Gonzaga
8-Michigan State
9-Texas
10-Kansas
11-Oklahoma
12-Davidson
13-Arizona State
14-Tennessee
15-Memphis
16-Duke
I know, a lot of Big East love at the top half of my poll, then again when you've got 32 teams in your conference like the BigEast does, some of them are bound to play well. Notable omissions from my list, and these are not accidents, include Syracuse, Purdue, and Miami, the last two a lot of people are high on and as for the Orange, they look like another 18-16 type of club. Which means CBI postseason play in the Carrier Dome this March, not even the NIT will fall for that shit.
Boeheim should have stuck with the US Team this summer, cause that gold medal he won in Beijing isn't going to make up for the pasty squad he'll have taking the floor this season. And since his successor has already been named, is it too early to say Boeheim is a lame-duck head coach?
Really looking forward to the Jimmy V, boys, as it will be my first ever trip inside the Garden, and Dru's first time seeing a building over 10 stories, or however tall Eagle Hall dormitory was at JMU.
1. UNC
2. Lville
3. Zags
4. UCLA
5. Notre Dame
6. UConn
7. Michigan St
8. Pitt
9. Texas
10. Duke
11. Purdue
12. Tenn
13. WVU
14. Arizona St
15. Kentucky
16. USC
No Florida love Hartzell?
You're the one who needs the feminine napkins, Christopher, its a preseason poll and Kansas is the defending national champions I can't wait to see you fit nine of the Pac10 teams in your poll, including a Lux trademark, having Arizona in the top 4.
I know Lute Olson is on his deathbed but no love in the 16? Disrespect.
Hartzell,
I wanted to rank Kansas but they lost too many players to replace and I couldn't forget about their first round losses in 05 and 06 when they were a young team (also top 4 seed both years).
I would also like to add that I was the only one of us to actually pick Kansas as the National Champions and was pushing them hard all year so I think I'm qualified to keep them off for now.
Zona is Zona, they're top 25 but not a Power team.
Lux
Welcome back Dudes:
As well all can see Matt is the last to post; hopefully he will not get sucked into the black-hole of the cuse and pop his head out to post every once in a while.
Jimmy V Countdown t-minus 48 days
Preseason Post:
1. UNC
2. UConn
3. UCLA
4. Texas
5. L-ville
6. Notre Dame
7. Zags
8. Michigan St
9. Pitt (with a healthy Fields)
10. Oklahoma
11. Memphis
12. Duke
13. Purdue
14. Davidson
15. Arizona St
16. Wake
Enjoy boys
With the season just a couple of weeks away, I offer you this:
Power Poll (Preseason)
1- North Carolina
2- Connecticut
3- Louisville
4- UCLA
5- Notre Dame
6- Michigan St.
7- Oklahoma
8- Gonzaga
9- Texas
10- Memphis
11- Arizona State
12- Davidson
13- Tennessee
14- Pittsburgh
15- Syracuse
16- UNLV
Syracuse will be better than you all think, even in the super-loaded Big East.
Not really sure how Arizona didn't make Lux's list, but his USC boyz did. Where is Wazzou this year, I am looking forward to not having to discuss them at all this year.
Lux, why are you leaving OU off your list. They may have the best player in the nation not named Hansbrough.
I'm surprised Dru didn't include Baylor, who is about as overrated as Purdue and Miami.
Monday 11/10: Duke/Presbyterian
Let the games begin.
Matt--
I can't believe you'd actually rank Boeheim's boys since they've underacheived for you the last couple years, but hey, its a long season. Hope Virginia doesnt come up there and shit in your cereal on the day after Thanksgiving.
When we're all hanging out at MSG for the Jimmy V, will Lux be making courtside wagers on the 2nd half o/u with his iPhone? That would be tight. And do I need to pack a sportsjacket because I know Christopher will be straight chairman-of-the-boards steez, and Matt will be in his finest orange headband (for his sweating gland problem, you know, which has gotten worse with age), I'd just hate to be underdressed.
p.s. do we know if Erin Andrews will be courtside doing her thing while we're in NYC? I could easily see that becoming a photo op for yours truly, especially after a few of those $14 beers they sell in manhattan
Oh and Lux, why no love for Davidson? I thought you were a midmajor guy and it seemed like they'd be a preseason lock for the top 20. Where are they on your radar?
Remember it will be winter then, and Lux will be dressed in designer jeans and a peacoat. He has quite a collection of these according to Schneier.
In past years we have gotten Lesley Visser or someone her age. Hopefully Andrews will be there though.
Syracuse has a squad this year. If you've read that little Blue Ribbon magazine that you got, you'd know that. As long as they are healthy this team should be for real.
I don't know much about Davidson improvement in personnel vs last year but they're overrated based on their tourney experience. Curry is damn amazing but he won't be a "secret" anymore and all it takes is a good defensive guard to shut him down. So they beat a pasty Wisconsin team in the sweet 16 and we forget about their pretty much winless nonconference season? Please.
By the way, Davidson's first game is JMU.
Matt, Oklahoma is in my top 20 but I'm not sucking their meat stick quite yet.
Sorry about Zona boys but I've warmed to the fact that those players would rather be on the beach in March/April.
Lux
Matt, Wash St did beat Notre Dame in the tourney last year right before losing to UNC? Talk about a disappointment.
Season's change, but some things don't. Lux, while you may not be on Oklahoma yet, you haven't left your beloved Pac10, as all of your posts have had lots to do with all things Pacific.
Oklahoma will win the Big 12.
Davidson's for real, more so than Southern California.
For the record, I own one pair of jeans and I find it quite funny that the new hipster is making fun of my wardrobe.
Can we still put up a JJ is gay gay sign this year?
Jaded ja ja jaded
Post a Comment