Sunday, March 16, 2008

Madness

You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!

10 comments:

Matt. said...

Spoke with D.S. today. He remains doubtful for the event (think more Virginia Tech, not Villanova). He is on some sort of plan (i.e. Mao) and thus cannot make any commitments.

Two of the couches belong to Stephen and M. Drury. Unless Drury misbehaves, then he will be forced to sleep in a tent outside, of which I do not have.

Just a couple more days. I have no cell tonight, but I do plan on calling you all tomorrow on my way back from NIT, NY.

Lux said...

I don't really understand how a team grabs an at large bid after losing to middle tenn st twice in the last month.

It was going to be unfortunate for whoever drew Kansas St but that really sucks for USC. I'm sure Floyd can find a way to handle Beasley though.

I'm glad Indiana was put in their place.

Oklahoma a 6 seed? Oregon a 9 seed? Miami a 7 seed?

Lux said...

Final Champ Week Scores:

Hartzell - 13
Lux - 12
Matt - 11
Dru - 8

Matt. said...

I have several bones to pick with the selections:

baylor...really?

for the most part the 8/9 games are softies. don't remember that being the case in years prior.

beasley vs. mayo. good god. winner plays senior-laden wisconsin.

really didn't see the case for mississippi state, kentucky, or south alabama.

OU was high, as was Miami.

Davidson shouldn't have been a 10 seed. The SoCon had the worst RPI, Davidson might have been the only team above .500 for the year.

God there are some matchups.

The stage is set gentlemen. Time to study.

S. Hartzell said...

you hate on Davidson all you want I think there is nothing more blatantly obvious as to who's right and wrong here when we consult the early Vegas lines. Hmmmm let's see here: Davidson (10) a 2 point FAVORITE over Gonzaga (7).

As winner of the championship week predictions, does that mean I get to hold the remote on Thursday?

Lux said...

I assume we all get a remote because there are 4 tvs right?

That's just the starting line, it will go to -1 Zaga.

Lux said...

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/odds/las-vegas/

Good site

Lux said...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/ncaa_tourney/2008/

Another good link

S. Hartzell said...

www.stopcallingitsoccer.blogspot.com


hotness

Lux said...

Well Dan the Man is officially making an appearance this weekend in case some of you haven't heard . . . officially anyway.