Fitting that you would post my quote on Wazzou after beating a "sound" Citadel team. Why not post that after the Gonzaga game, or is that win not looking so good now that they got beat by OU.
Simply cannot wait for conference play to start. Good luck against Idaho State. They D-1?
I am going to post now, because the two ranked teams playing tomorrow both have opponents where they will win. Of course if I am wrong then I will be mad and will consequently re-post.
1- Memphis 2- North Carolina 3- UCLA 4- Kansas 5- Michigan State 6- Texas 7- Tennessee 8- Marquette 9- Pittsburgh 10- Arizona 11- Georgetown 12- Duke 13- Indiana 14- Washington State 15- Texas A&M 16- Butler
A- Memphis' win over Georgetown proves again that they are the best team in the nation. They have played an unbelievable schedule for a Top 3 team and that is to be commended. They may run the table.
B- I know Michigan State is high, but winner of the Big10 (as soft as it is) will garner a 2 seed, and this is a tough team that always plays well in the tourney. They are my pick right now for the Soft10 (or 11) and that is a two seed...plus I had to rank them ahead of Texas, who will fall short in the Big12 and be relegated to a two seed.
C- Pitt gets a lot for that win against Duke, but they did go to Washington and played OK State, which shows they are getting better at scheduling. May win the Big East and I hate (read: hate) to say that.
D- Butler is still here. But after giving it a lot of thought, one non-BCS (Gary Parrish reference) will make the sweet 16, and will be a top 4 seed. If you don't have one then you are shortsighted. I could go Ole Miss/Miami/URI/WVU/Nova here but Butler will be there, and I recognize that. Shouldn't even post if you don't have a non-BCS team in your poll. Just silly.
Go ahead and argue that Mich State is too high, Butler lost to Wright State (two weeks ago), and that I only have 3 Pac 10 teams. Just don't embarrass yourselves and rank Oregon/Gonzaga or even Stanford. And Lux I know you want to.
Be careful out there guys, and Happy Holidays to all. I will keep up with the site to retaliate to any unwarranted arguments.
Oregon....on the bubble (Lux admitted it, though he might have been drunk at a local dive bar)
1. UCLA 2. Memphis 3. UNC 4. Michigan St 5. Texas 6. Kansas 7. USC 8. Duke 9. Wash St 10. Georgetown 11. Arizona 12. Texas AM 13. Marquette 14. Indiana 15. Pitt 16. Gonzaga
Gonzaga will play Tenn this week so we'll see if my prediction is correct but Tenn once again showed (against Xavier) that they can't rebound. Also Matt, I don't understand how barely beating a team that was recently blown away by ASU is worthy of a 2 seed. Yes, I realize I have no one from the SEC in my poll but I'll gladly put in Tenn next week if they beat Zaga. Until then, Gonzaga's ridiculous schedule has me giving them the benefit of the doubt.
1. UNC 2. Memphis 3. UCLA 4. Kansas 5. Wash St 6. Michigan St 7. Texas 8. Tennessee 9. Texas A & M 10. Pitt 11. Duke 12. Georgetown 13. Marquette 14. Butler 15. Zona 16. Zaga
Bad loss for the Zags last week, but they are still a very talented team. Georgetown looked bad on Saturday against Memphis. I would have moved Xavier in my 16 if they had beaten Tenn, but couldn't justify moving them in just by having a good showing. Pitt played well in the second half and hit the big shot when needed in the garden against my boys.
Conference play begins soon can't wait to see what is going to happen over the next month. Few big games coming up next week.
Just got back from major vacay and lots of driving but how you like Tennessee now? Beating beloved Gonzaga by 10 in Washington and on national tv no less. Just wanted to make sure all is represented come power poll Monday
Waiting on a certain someone to post a thread for Week 8 so I can update my new rankings.
I won't give too much away about my rankings but to answer Lux's question, I will be inserting Dayton. They are a tough gritty team and the leading candidates to win the A10 which (as I stated at the outset of the season) will warrant a 4 seed, and I think that one of the A10 teams will be a sweet 16 team at the end of the day.
8 comments:
No answer on the Pitt question?
Fitting that you would post my quote on Wazzou after beating a "sound" Citadel team. Why not post that after the Gonzaga game, or is that win not looking so good now that they got beat by OU.
Simply cannot wait for conference play to start. Good luck against Idaho State. They D-1?
I am going to post now, because the two ranked teams playing tomorrow both have opponents where they will win. Of course if I am wrong then I will be mad and will consequently re-post.
1- Memphis
2- North Carolina
3- UCLA
4- Kansas
5- Michigan State
6- Texas
7- Tennessee
8- Marquette
9- Pittsburgh
10- Arizona
11- Georgetown
12- Duke
13- Indiana
14- Washington State
15- Texas A&M
16- Butler
A- Memphis' win over Georgetown proves again that they are the best team in the nation. They have played an unbelievable schedule for a Top 3 team and that is to be commended. They may run the table.
B- I know Michigan State is high, but winner of the Big10 (as soft as it is) will garner a 2 seed, and this is a tough team that always plays well in the tourney. They are my pick right now for the Soft10 (or 11) and that is a two seed...plus I had to rank them ahead of Texas, who will fall short in the Big12 and be relegated to a two seed.
C- Pitt gets a lot for that win against Duke, but they did go to Washington and played OK State, which shows they are getting better at scheduling. May win the Big East and I hate (read: hate) to say that.
D- Butler is still here. But after giving it a lot of thought, one non-BCS (Gary Parrish reference) will make the sweet 16, and will be a top 4 seed. If you don't have one then you are shortsighted. I could go Ole Miss/Miami/URI/WVU/Nova here but Butler will be there, and I recognize that. Shouldn't even post if you don't have a non-BCS team in your poll. Just silly.
Go ahead and argue that Mich State is too high, Butler lost to Wright State (two weeks ago), and that I only have 3 Pac 10 teams. Just don't embarrass yourselves and rank Oregon/Gonzaga or even Stanford. And Lux I know you want to.
Be careful out there guys, and Happy Holidays to all. I will keep up with the site to retaliate to any unwarranted arguments.
Oregon....on the bubble (Lux admitted it, though he might have been drunk at a local dive bar)
Matt.
1. UCLA
2. Memphis
3. UNC
4. Michigan St
5. Texas
6. Kansas
7. USC
8. Duke
9. Wash St
10. Georgetown
11. Arizona
12. Texas AM
13. Marquette
14. Indiana
15. Pitt
16. Gonzaga
Gonzaga will play Tenn this week so we'll see if my prediction is correct but Tenn once again showed (against Xavier) that they can't rebound. Also Matt, I don't understand how barely beating a team that was recently blown away by ASU is worthy of a 2 seed. Yes, I realize I have no one from the SEC in my poll but I'll gladly put in Tenn next week if they beat Zaga. Until then, Gonzaga's ridiculous schedule has me giving them the benefit of the doubt.
Matt, I don't think its fair that you moved up Marquette in front of Duke.
Merry Christmas Gentlemen:
Christmas Posting:
1. UNC
2. Memphis
3. UCLA
4. Kansas
5. Wash St
6. Michigan St
7. Texas
8. Tennessee
9. Texas A & M
10. Pitt
11. Duke
12. Georgetown
13. Marquette
14. Butler
15. Zona
16. Zaga
Bad loss for the Zags last week, but they are still a very talented team. Georgetown looked bad on Saturday against Memphis. I would have moved Xavier in my 16 if they had beaten Tenn, but couldn't justify moving them in just by having a good showing. Pitt played well in the second half and hit the big shot when needed in the garden against my boys.
Conference play begins soon can't wait to see what is going to happen over the next month. Few big games coming up next week.
M. Drury
16.
Just got back from major vacay and lots of driving but how you like Tennessee now? Beating beloved Gonzaga by 10 in Washington and on national tv no less. Just wanted to make sure all is represented come power poll Monday
Tenn played well, I'm upset.
Dayton going to make anyone's 16?
Waiting on a certain someone to post a thread for Week 8 so I can update my new rankings.
I won't give too much away about my rankings but to answer Lux's question, I will be inserting Dayton. They are a tough gritty team and the leading candidates to win the A10 which (as I stated at the outset of the season) will warrant a 4 seed, and I think that one of the A10 teams will be a sweet 16 team at the end of the day.
Post a Comment